News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What are you looking forward to @ Bristol 2010?

Started by Mademoiselle D, June 15, 2010, 09:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mademoiselle D

So I'm new to the forum but even more am new to Bristol.  It'll be my second year attending. 

I can't wait to meet all those R/F members who call Bristol home but being new would love to here all what you're most looking forward to at Bristol this year.  Also are there any recommendation for shows or events I definitely should make sure I don't miss?

Vartha

The Swordsmen are a great show.
Find Craig of Farrington the wandering Minstrel, can't miss him with the Red Beard! lol
The Tortuga Twins were funny when I saw them at Minnesota Festival, this will be their first year at Bristol!
  RobinHood and his merry men have a FAIRE wide skit that takes place all day long in different places at different times.
  Too many faves of music to list other than Craig of Farrington just about any stage will have a nice listing, Right now Bristol doesn't have a list of who'll be there.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are loooking forward to attending for the first time !  :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

This will be our 14th year at Bristol.  We will look forward to seeing all our friends again, and also to meet RF members (look for the pins!).

We love the music the best.  Depending on when you're going, first 3 weekends will have Molly & The Tinker and also Tartanic.

Other favorites:  Jock Stewart, Dan the Bard, Craig of Farrington, New Minstrel Revue, Sarah Mullen (harpist).  There are more that have been there in the past, but not sure if they will be there this year.

Don't miss the drum jam at the end of the night.  It is a really good one.  Saw on the website the birds of prey show will be back this year.  The man who does the show is incredibly knowledgeable, and we enjoy watching it.

Be sure to go to the Friend of Faire garden.  For $5 for the whole weekend, both days, you can get a temporary membership.  Clean privvies, and free water and gatorade.  Worth it for sure, plus there are usually demonstrations going on during the day.  And we've met such nice people through FoF.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Harlas

Some great ideas there Lady Renee.

This will only be our 3rd year attending--I know my kids are hoping to see Adam Crack perform again--"the fire whip guy" according to my 9yo.

We are going to be at Bristol July 17/18--which I think is the wine tasting weekend.

We will definitely check out FoF. Now to see about getting some R/F pins ;)

EvilKittie

This will be my 2nd year going as well. :)

I'm looking forward to wearing my grab this year and buying another CD from Sarah Mullen :)

ANNNDD just simply being there. Looking at the sights, smelling the wonderful smells and hearing the beautiful music!!

Vartha

I live in Arkansas these days, I do miss the sounds the smells. My apartment has a Bar I made that is modeled after the Pig n Whistle Tavern, and I have a Video tour I made of Bristol back in 98 for the sounds, but the smells aren't easily duplicated.
 After 13 years of working various shops and pubs, I miss Bristol as much as my kids who are still up there. :(
  Heh my SON will be hopefully be working at Bristol this year! When he was still in the womb the ONLY thing that would calm him down was the bongo drums of the Belly dancer. He was at Bristol 6 days afters he was born and fell right to sleep when he heard those bongos! lol

Mademoiselle D

Yes just taking everything in is always the best!

I did see that the Tortuga Twins were scheduled which I'll have to make sure to make it to a few of their shows.  Whenever I go to MN I always see at least 2 of their shows for some good laughs!

I'm also pretty excited as one of my good friends may be coming along for her first faire and is interested in wearing some garb as well.  So that's another project for me and another discussion.  But having the opportunity to turn her on to faire should make any weekend a lot of fun.

Sitara

I'm looking forward to going!  I had to miss my traditional birthday trip last year.  This year I turn 30 and will be there come hell or high water!  I shall be shambling about the shire the weekend of July 17-18.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

max and kate

Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lord Magnus

Looking forward to "going home". Hanging out at Tuscany and the Sheets, Seeing old friends and making new ones. :)
"What God abandoned, these defended,
  And saved the sum of things for pay".

Lady Renee Buchanan

Bristol has finally posted their entertainment list and stage schedule.  It's worth looking at in advance, especially if you want to see certain shows.  There is so much to do there, even just wandering around is great!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gauwyn of Bracknell

this will be our first progress to this shire - anything the inhabitants recommend not to miss?  Food?  Acts?  Libations?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lord Magnus

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on July 01, 2010, 12:27:09 PM
this will be our first progress to this shire - anything the inhabitants recommend not to miss?  Food?  Acts?  Libations?
Bristol has a good selection of Libations. And we are supposed to have scotch available this year as well.  The acts are great (check out the swordsman's last show of the day its always the wildest and to me the best). Hope you have fun which weekend are you coming?
"What God abandoned, these defended,
  And saved the sum of things for pay".

angusmacinnes

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.