News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Beverage Pricing?

Started by handsomejack, June 19, 2010, 01:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handsomejack

Hello everyone!  myself and a large group of friends have been going to the fest for the past few years.  My parents actually used to take me as a child and i find its even more fun as an adult with a bunch of buds, but anyway last year we noticed a big jump in beer price.  I believe it was $5 a beer!  I pray it hasn't gone up any since last season! can anyone confirm or deny?

Also can anyone suggest any shows that are a must see?  we seem to always catch the same ones, bc its hard to get a large group to agree on anything.  and trying anything new would just be crazy! haha.  we always see the mud show, daniel duke of danger and don juan and miguel.  and a couple others here and there.  I know theres much more to see but never seem to make it to anything else! this year i wanna see some different shows. any suggestions?!

thanks so much!

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

Beer and Wine will be the same price as last year. Some other interesting food and beverage surprises this year as well ie: we are introducing Wine slushys . Cheers! (P.S.I recommend Danny Lord of Mischief Johnny Fox and Hay Nunny Nunny as well as some new entertainment this year and your old faves too, check them all out.)

Aaroncois

Jack - it's been a very long time since I've gone with a large group (probably since the early 1990s), but packs of friends are fun when you can all scream and cheer together. So on top of the entertainers you listed, you might find that the Trial and Dunke, the Public Execution and the Wench Auction would give you and your friends chances to holler make noise. Now that Empty Hats is back full-time this season, there's also the Giacomo the Jester show which is very entertaining. If you folks enjoy the music, there are plenty of options for a variety of different tastes.

I can certainly relate to the challenge of balancing new things you haven't done before with old favorites - there's just never enough time in a day to see it all!