News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wish me luck!

Started by Dustin, June 26, 2010, 08:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

I'm starting a new adventure...

Well, who knows if it will work, but I'm going to try to learn Scottish Gaelic. Our library has an account with Byki, an online language learning program developed by Transparent Language. It uses virtual flash cards and repetition to learn words. So far, I've learned 15 adjectives, and I'm working on days of the week.

If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Lady Renee Buchanan

Wow, that is cool!  I'm reading one of the books in the Outlander series, and they use a lot of Gaelic.  Wish I could understand it, too.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Lil

I do wish you the best of luck, learning anything new can be an adventure.

Rani Zemirah

Oh... my!  Now that is quite the undertaking!  Just learning how to use the letters that make no sounds would twist my mind into knots!  :D  Good luck, and have lots of fun with it!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

After two years of Latin in high school, I stay away from other tongues with the exception of dirty words... But seriously, folks...

That's pretty cool! I'll have to check with our campus library to see if they have access...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Auryn

Oohhh this is me wishing you lots and lots of luck- I have been wanting to learn Scottish Gaelic myself for years now.
I look forward to hearing about your success
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

Tink

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Lady Neysa

That's fabulous!  Keep us updated on your progress.

Butch

LadyFae

Best of luck on your endevor!  =)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"