News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sioux City Riverssance

Started by Rowan MacD, September 28, 2010, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Thanks for the clarification  ;)
   We have never stayed long after gate on Sunday, since we have a 2+ hour drive home. I had assumed they had fireworks both nights. 
   See you there!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Brother Gregory

Look me up when your there I would love to meet you. I play the executioner and  also Brother Gregory. I know that for the most part on Saturday I will be the executioner.

Rowan MacD

We sure will!  I'll have a favor for you  ^_^

Forecast for Saturday sunny and high of 69.  Gorgeous weather like last year!  Overnight lows in the 40's, so may be a tad cool in the morning.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Forecast update:  Saturday sunny and 70, but Sunday will be sunny and HOT-80 degrees.
IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

We're all hoping that it might be a tad bit cooler then 80 on Sunday but 80 isn't so bad.

Rowan MacD

Wonderful to see everybody on Saturday!  I now have a face to go with Brother Gregory's name. The Royal Court was gracious and gregarious, and fun was had by all.   It was cool enough on Saturday to make the velvet comfortable.
  Though it was good to know the Park was spared, it was sad to see the ruin along I-29 between Omaha and Sioux City.   Some of the farmland is still underwater and many of the trees are dying. The railway tracks paralleling the road were undermined in a few places by the retreating water, but the highway is still in excellent shape, though a pale silt is everywhere and on everything and reminds me of the aftermath of a volcanic eruption.
  This area still got off better than I-29 South of Omaha.  It will be hard to tell when that highway will open again. 
IWG wench #3139