News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sioux City Riverssance

Started by Rowan MacD, September 28, 2010, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Oct 2-3rd.  Weather report is 65-68 and sunny both days, but cold for the overnight campers.   It's in a pleasant little park with modern privies. 
Gate Price: Adults $8
Age 6 - 12 $4
Under 6 FREE

Advanced Tickets at Sioux City HyVee Stores
September 1 - 25 only $5 each

They have fireworks!

http://www.river-cade.com/riverssance
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

Lovely weather both days, if a tad cool.  Good crowds.  My laird and I are now fans of Cast In Bronze (2 CD's)
  That man can play those Bells!

IWG wench #3139 

Emerald Shaunassey

That he can Rowan.. I just love Cast in Bronze and it was a beautiful location that they had him set up in at Riverssance.
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Brother Gregory

He actually picked that location his self. In Riverssance we usually let the vendors and other groups chose where they want to set-up.

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Brother Gregory on October 16, 2010, 10:48:26 AM
He actually picked that location his self. In Riverssance we usually let the vendors and other groups chose where they want to set-up.
2011 dates on the updates page. 
  Your approach works quite well, I expect the tent fairs back in the real renaissance were set up the same way.  I liked not having all the same people selling the same stuff in the same places. Made me want to stop and browse more often.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Cast in Bronze is coming back this year!  Squeeeee!

Bestest Birthday present EVAH!
IWG wench #3139 

Mairte

This is one we are considering making this year. Never been....

Rowan MacD

OK.  I need alternate directions to Riverssance in Sioux City, Ia.   Our usual route on I-29 is toast (and may well remain that way for a couple of years) and Google can only get us to the Nebraska side across the river from Sioux City.   Google maps show the rest of the route to be closed due to flood damage.  The website for the faire indicates it will still go on, the park was not flooded, but apparently the route to the park was damaged.
   Anybody form this area have some directions?
IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

The roads once you get past the Council Bluffs, Iowa area are open to the festival with no problems. the park was never damaged by the floods and yes the festival is still a go.

Rowan MacD

Sweet!  
  Is Cast in Bronze still on?  The website shows they have both Carillons scheduled elsewhere on their calendar.....

http://www.iowadot.gov/floods/iowafloodedroads.html

Just looked at this...Google shows the bridge is closed, but this map indicates it's open.  I may just take a detour into Iowa and then cut back to I-29.

Looks like anybody heading to KC will have serious detours.  Most of I-29 is closed south of here.

IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

No cast in bronze will not be here this year. We have talked with him and he was looking at coming at one time but has since changed his plans.

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Brother Gregory on September 21, 2011, 12:42:35 PM
No cast in bronze will not be here this year. We have talked with him and he was looking at coming at one time but has since changed his plans.

Well that just sux.  Just too much competition from the big faires.
I see they have themselves booked for the Ohio Renaissance festival and Dorney Park in Allentown, Pa.  on the first weekend in October.
   The original Carillon played by Frank DellaPenna is doing the Pa. show.
He has his assistant playing the second one at the Ohio Faire. 

We will be there anyway.  Lot's of things to do and friends to see at Riverssance!
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Who will be going?  Oct 1-2nd this year.  This is the last faire of the year for us, and the temps are usually cool, but not cold so the heavier garb is actually pleasant to wear.  Fireworks after dark, so it's worth coming back to the park after gate closes.  
  Many locals converge on the park after dark just for the fireworks, and the grounds are open to the public for free.

There is no listings for entertainment but there is a newspaper article:

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/weekender/community/article_571001bf-2dfb-557f-83ad-ba5f3d4aade8.html

Interviews by Joust Evolution, Looking Glass Players (LOVE lisa and her puppet Marko) and the Royalty of Riverssance.......Well, well.  Seems there will be lots of bagpipes this year!
IWG wench #3139 

Brother Gregory

The after dark fireworks and other activities are Saturday night only. The festival ends on Sunday afternoon after the last joust which will be some where around 4:20 to 4:30. We have a week to set things up but only until midnight Sunday to have the park back to a city park, no exceptions.