News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Des Moines Ren Faire

Started by Celtic Lady, July 19, 2010, 09:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Dustin on September 20, 2010, 11:28:32 AM
Rowen, which clan tent were you manning? I was at the Festival with the Kingdom of Andorra living history group. Wish I'd known you were going to be there, as we didn't get to make DMRF this year.
We saw your encampement directly across from us... we were facing the Knuckle Draggers Vespa group.
Clan Davidson.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lord Clisto of York

Basically closing day was muddy, damp and cool. Or, should I say closing weekend. Was in the 50's Sat and heavier rain. I will have pics up soon and you will see how muddy it got. Even though Sat was worse weather wise, people came out and spent money. Sunday, not as many.We all still had fun. Here is a pic of the joust field. The grounds were slightly better.

Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lord Clisto of York on September 22, 2010, 12:07:44 AM
Basically closing day was muddy, damp and cool. Or, should I say closing weekend. Was in the 50's Sat and heavier rain. I will have pics up soon and you will see how muddy it got. Even though Sat was worse weather wise, people came out and spent money. Sunday, not as many.We all still had fun. Here is a pic of the joust field. The grounds were slightly better.

The list looks like the Mud and Pony show  :o
     But.....A wet day at faire is better than a sunny day at the beach IMHO.
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Hail everyone,

I just finished posting my week 3 pics for the Des Moines Ren faire. This was the final weekend and it was a bit wet and muddy, but we got through it and people still came out and enjoyed it. To see the pictures, got to the link below -

http://www.sirclisto.com/desmoines/we11.html

Now it's on to Michigan for this coming weekend.

Lord Clisto

Keno

Quote from: Celtic Lady on September 09, 2010, 08:28:26 PM
Finally figured out how to add photos here...

lol my group found him interesting, gwen was headbutting with him.
This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Rowan MacD

Anybody know when the website will be updated?  It's still showing 2010 info.
IWG wench #3139 

Keno

not for another month or so..  I need to gather my group to know who is coming this year.
This years travels 2013

Performing

Vending

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Keno on April 28, 2011, 10:31:54 AM
not for another month or so..  I need to gather my group to know who is coming this year.
Thanks!
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Our royal court group will be gathered there. LO...

Baron Frederick

I couldn't make it last year but am trying everything in my power to make it this year. God willing will see you all this year. After going for at least 15 years it was really hard to miss a year.

Baron Frederick
Baron Frederick

Lord Clisto of York

I bet it is. Know the feeling well. Hope you can make it for sure, good Sir.

Lord Clisto, Duke of York

Lord Clisto of York

Well, just a few weeks left before the Des Moines Renaissance Faire is open again. It will be Labor Day weekend including Labor Day.  I will be there with the court performing. Can't wait to see all my friends there once again. Getting Bristol done for the moment. So, who else is planning on going or returning or will be first timers?

Lord Clisto, Duke of York

Keno

I will be returning but with a slightly smaller crew this year.  We have a newborn in the crew and she can't be there full time this year so her and her parents are going to just visit this year.
This years travels 2013

Performing

Vending

Celtic Lady

We'll be there Sunday and Monday and the following Sunday as well. A couple of friends of ours were supposed to be joining but at present it does not look like it will happen.
Our plans to open a small visiting shop there did not work out well and needed to be post poned until next year :(.

This has not been a good year for plans.

Baron Frederick

I was out at the site last night and there is a lot to do before next weekend,but they are working on it.A lot of booths need to be cleaned up and made ready.But they are working on the grounds and should have it cleaned up by the weekend. Trees and plantings are looking really good, just an update.
Baron Frederick