News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Probably not serious, but I still need thoughts...

Started by jinx, June 03, 2008, 05:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinx

The thing is, for the past three months or so, I've been getting sick.  I'll be fine for a few weeks, then, out of nowhere, it starts again.  I get really badly dizzy, and I can't eat anything without feeling horribly nauseous.  I had hoped it was all over, but two days ago, it started all over again.  This time, however, it came with a fever.  While it wasn't -too- high, just over 100, but it was all enough to keep me home from work for a couple of days.  The worst part is, I won't even take a shower unless my husband is home, because twice I've nearly passed out (once I fell into the wall, the other time I'd have busted my head on the counter if I'd not caught myself).  After this amount of time, Chris (the hubby) has decided that I must go to the doctor.  Not having a GP, I'm trying to find one I can get into, but he says (because he's the anxious type) if I don't find one by Monday, he will put  me in the car himself and take me to the local Urgent Care center (which is actually quite good).  Oddly, the only thing I'm really worried about is the fact that I -know- they'll want to run blood tests, and, well, let's be honest...I'm -terrified- of needles.  I don't like being sick, but at the same time, I'm afraid something will be very wrong.

Aaaand...now that I've rambled a bit too much, I'd just really appreciate some thoughts.  I'm kinda scared.  Thank you, loves.  <3
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

RenRobin

Jinx,
I understand your fear, but you really need to get it checked out so that if it is something serious it can be taken care of.  It may be something simple like an inner ear infection that is playing havoc with your equilibrium, that is making you dizzy.  I will keep you in my prayers, as I too have just gone thru a scare that turned out to be nothing serious.  And I know I had a great weight lifted off my shoulders when I got the news from the doctor.  Chin up girlie!
Loki-terr (in training)

renren

Oh, hon!
Hope it is resolved..
Sending positve thoughts, and prayers.

Could it be very low blood pressure? That can make you pass out when you stand up..
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Escarlata

Jinx, a friend's ex-wife had symptoms that sound like yours, it turned out to be helicobacter pylori, a bacteria in the stomach. This was way back when it was first being recognized and it took the doctors forever to figure it out. When they did, it was a fairly simple treatment and she recovered very quickly.

Anyway, here's to a quick and speedy recovery.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

CatAshtrophy

I'm thinking of you. I've been made to go to the doctor for passing out before. They did scary tests for things like leukemia, but everything was fine. I'm just anemic, so I'm not always getting oxygen where I need it. I hope that whatever is troubling you is nothing serious.

RedHatQueen

I absolutely hate needles, but better safe than sorry.
I will send prayers that you have yourself checked out soon.  Maybe it's something very simple and can be handled quickly.

Blessings.
Red Hat Ren Queen a.k.a Mari

jinx

Well, it looks like I'm going to Urgent Care on Monday.  None of the doctors I've called are taking new patients (someone in the last office may be, but the receptionist couldn't seem to understand a simple question).  I know the doctors at the UC place are good, and very friendly, so I'll go Monday.  Due to a few bad doctors I had when I was younger, I tend to be kinda picky.  XD

Cat: I'm anemic, too, and I keep telling Chris that some of it is probably due to that.  I take a multivitamin with extra iron every day...I'm just hoping they don't put me on iron pills.  They tried it once, and it didn't work out so well.  XD

Escarlata: It's good to hear of something with similar symptoms that was easy to treat.  ^.^  Quite heartening.  I just have to gear myself up to it, and that helped, so thank you.

Thank all of you, for that matter, for your well-wishes!
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Amras Elfwine

Lass, please take care, and let us know how you are!

I care!

Amras (fellow iron replacement therapy patient) Elfwine
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Lady Ann of Draycott

Sending prayers, positive energies, good thoughts and healing vibes to you jinks!  I hope you find out what is wrong and get well soon!  :)
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Charlotte Rowan

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I'm the same way about going to the doctor - I don't like being sick but I'm terrified that they will tell me it's something serious. But they never have yet so usually my fears are unjustified. I hope you get good news at UC.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

RenRobin

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on June 04, 2008, 04:37:55 PM
Lass, please take care, and let us know how you are!

I care!

Amras (fellow iron replacement therapy patient) Elfwine

Me too!!!   Caring and iron replacements...infusions every other month...so far.
Loki-terr (in training)

jinx

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers!  It means a lot.  ^.^

I went to the UC on my lunch hour today, and after telling the ever so lovely doctor what was going on, and about my history with low iron, he, of course, wanted to run a few blood tests.  As it turns out, my iron has gotten -really- low now.  I told him about my problems with iron supplements in the past, so he suggested I take an OTC iron supplement before bed with a full glass of water, and my regular multi-vitamin (with extra iron) in the morning, and to double the dose the week of and after my auntie visits (bleh...), since the symptoms seem to be more prevalent around that time.  He says if that doesn't totally stop the dizziness/nausea in the next couple of months, I have to come back and see him.

I also came down with a rather nasty chest cold this week, so he's written a note to my manager about adjusting the heating and cooling in my office.  I get the same force of air as the rest of the store (Walmart), but I work in a really tiny office with a low ceiling and no windows, so it all stays really confined.  In the summer, I go from a freezing cold office into the really hot outdoors, and vice versa in the winter (even up to just a few weeks ago, really.  Those Ohio spring days when you're running the heat in the morning and AC by afternoon.  XD).  He says it's wreaking havoc on my body, trying to adjust like that.  So, to prevent me from getting pneumonia (!!), they're going to have to do something about it.

I'm definitely feeling a LOT better today (finally), because the cold has let up quite a lot.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Ginette

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

RenRobin

Good to hear you doing ok.  I so understand the low iron.  I was on oral for 6 months and was not raising mine fast enought for my doctor so she order an infusion.  Amazing is the word to describe how I felt with a full tank of gas.  You will be felling better soon too! :D :D
Loki-terr (in training)