News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Meet The Cast Picnic 2010

Started by BubbleWright, August 03, 2010, 09:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

The Meet The Cast Picnic is a perk for those patrons who hold season passes and is held the Sunday before opening week. This year is a new old event. In previous years the Cast was in garb but originally this was not so... in the beginning you could meet and converse with the cast as as themselves, out of costume. They are returning to this tradition this year. They do plan to talk about their character roles and answer questions, without having to break character. Should be interesting. The Faire is encouraging playtrons to show up in garb. Sunday next I shall be in the Shire of Mt. Hope in garb and with the Renaissance Bubble Machine.  ;D ;D ;D
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

McGuinness

I'm looking forward to being able to talk to people like a normal person for a day!

BubbleWright

Despite the fact you won't be in garb, I'll wager you will have problems speaking normal English since you have been so long an inhabitant of the Shire of Mt. Hope. When I see you on Sunday, I have a present for Thee, ah, I mean you!  ;D ;D ;D
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

McGuinness

Ha, this is true, Felix - especially since I haven't been speaking even normal 1589-British-English at all this year, I'm Swedish!  ;D

McGuinness

Quote from: BubbleWright on August 06, 2010, 12:45:55 PM
When I see you on Sunday, I have a present for Thee, ah, I mean you!  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the gift, Felix! I've brought them to work with me today to finish off the box. Somehow, I think I'm going to end up with a never-ending supply of Swedish Fish throughout the season!  :)