News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Missouri Bus Fatality

Started by Merlin the Elder, August 05, 2010, 08:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

I ask that you aim some positive energy toward my relations in the St Louis area... the young lady that died in the school bus crash today, Jessica Brinker, was a distant cousin. I can only imagine the pain that her parents are feeling at this moment.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

LadyFae

I just heard about this one the news!  SO sad!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

auntiegiggles

Merlin - I 'm so sorry for your family's loss. 
Everything goes better with giggles

Rani Zemirah

My condolences for your loss, Merlin.  I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

Thanks, all. I've psychically relayed the positive energy to where it's needed most, Jessica's immediate family. I've seen a mother's grief at the loss of a young child first-hand. The image in my brain is probably the most vivid memory I have of anything, and it was more than 40 years ago.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Neysa

Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry to hear this. This is so, so heartbreaking.  It sort of hits home, because it was busloads of marching band kids celebrating the end of band camp, on a trip to an amusement park.  My 15 yr old daughter was greatly saddened over this accident, as she is in marching band, has been on many band trips, and is currently in the middle of band camp herself. It seems like the last few huge bus accidents that I've heard about over the last few years have been band kids.  The last accident I remember, a band director died, and my daughter was so upset for those poor people.  This fear is all that us parents could think about this past spring when our band kids went on a bus trip from MD to perform at Disney World.  Thankfully they came home safe. It's a horrible thing to  have happened regardless of who it is, but when it's something you can relate to, it just seems so much sadder. 
May the deceased be at peace, and their loved ones somehow find comfort and healing.  Healing also to the many who were injured. 

Lady Kett

Thoughts and prayers out to you and your family Merlin. Very saddening, which really doesn't come close to describing the situation.

Lady Lil

Aiming all the positive energy their way. Very sad, I sorry to hear about the accident. School will be starting back soon and buses will be everywhere, please encourage your loved ones who drive to take precautions. I am truly sorry Merlin, you once made me smile in my time of need, I hope I can return the favor.

renren

Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL