News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Community

Started by Dracconia, August 13, 2010, 09:05:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracconia

Ok folks, I have far too much on my plate....I want to save the world and I feel as if I am doing nothing to enhance SO in addition to school and a full time job, I want to start a rec center for kids and teens in my community. We have NONE. No Y, no Boys and Girls Club....nothing. SO I was wondering do you have rec centers, do you like them, do you go to them, do they make an impact?

We are, as Rennies, a people who love our community.....

Your input and ideas could help me help my community!
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Tygrkat

You might want to check with your local elementary and/or middle schools, or the public library...if there's no Y or Boys/Girls Club in a community, sometimes the schools take up the slack with afterschool programs ~ which are always in need of reliable, caring, trustworthy volunteers...and it's sounds like you would definitely fit the bill!  :)

If they don't currently have any sort programs yet, maybe you could help get the ball rolling... ;)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Merlin the Elder

I can comment on what it meant to me as a child. We had a wonderful Boys Club in downtown Little Rock. Huge gym, olympic-size indoor pool, tons and tons of stuff to do!

I spent most Saturdays there, and some week nights as well. In the early 60s, it was a terrific place to be...race was no issue (believe it or not!), learned to type-set print, swim, tried roller skating...never was able! I applaud your efforts, though I have no clue where to start.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...