News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2010 Rocky Mountain Highland Games

Started by Nighthawk, August 14, 2010, 10:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nighthawk

I take pictures primarily for the Renaissance Scots Living History Society. We were at the 2010 Rocky Mountain Highland Games and Scottish Festival. Thought I would share pictures from the day!

We'll start with my son:

These are our spinners and weavers. They start with the wool right of the sheep (which another member of our group owns and sheers, by the way) and spin it, dye it, and weave it into tartan.

The nucleus of the new, just-debuted-this weekend Renaissance Scots leather shop:

This is a local Irish band called Sgain Dubh, jamming in our weaver's tent.

Nighthawk

Shannan- she's just a sweetheart!

My wife in the blue, and Michaela in the burgundy.

The fight ring, where kids can fight with bamboo swords under (semi)responsible adult supervision, hosted by the Wolves of Dunvegan, the fighting arm of the Renaissance Scots:

The guy in the kilt is Doc. Dave. He's a very accomplished swordsman, highly skilled, and brutal! Poor girl picked the fighter she thought she had the best chance against... People often make that mistake. Doc is on fat old man you DO NOT want to pick a fight with! This girl was a great sport. I don't know who had more fun- her or Doc!

All in all a great day! More to come tomorrow!