News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezvous 2011 - It's a date!

Started by Blushing, August 18, 2010, 12:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanda

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on August 23, 2010, 06:35:34 PM
I believe I read that there is adjacent camping, correct?  Can someone tell us what the camping is like there on the grounds?  

Unfortunately, the camping on site is only for those actually working the faire.
However, according to Google, there is a campsite one exit north from the faire - the freeway is like 2 minutes from site, assuming you don't get stuck behind a train. It's Jellystone Park, and it looks like they have rentals as well as RV sites. I would book now as opposed to later because I'm sure it will fill up fast. The website is: http://www.castlerockrvpark.com/

I think lots of people from the groups that gather at faire stay there.

And I'll second that there is A LOT of hotel room available in Castle Rock and the edge of the Denver area - look for Parker and Centennial addresses. Although anything on I-25 will get you to CoRF fairly quickly. Saturday and Sunday morning before 9am is pretty light traffic wise. 
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Blushing

We're working on a comprehensive list of places to stay ... and possible some deals as well!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Rani Zemirah

Oh... for some reason I was under the impression that there was an attached campground.  :-\  Darn...  Well, since our budget will be severely limited, there will be no way I could afford the cost of a hotel as well as the trip there and back, so this changes things considerably.  The campground rates for just a tent seem pretty high, particularly since we would be there for at least 3 nights, so at this point I'm wondering if we'll have to sleep in our van somewhere... or if we'll even be able to go.  :(
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Francisco Paula

Rani it will be a really sad weekend if you and the renlet don't make it.

Rani Zemirah

I spent a couple of hours looking online last night for somewhere to camp for free/cheap, and even the closest state park campground has already been completely booked, and it would have been 35-40 miles away, anyway.  July 4th weekend will mean that rates go up for everything, and that trying to find something affordable will be very difficult.  Even the Nat'l Forest, which has free dispersed camping, is farther away from the grounds than I'm comfortable with, since we would have to leave our tent and belongings unattended all day while at Faire, and find our way back on tiny, twisting roads in the dark, and we would have to miss all the evening activities, as well. 

I'm not seeing a solution so far, but I'm not giving up just yet...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Francisco Paula

You know Rani i'm not part of the group organizing this so trying not to say to much but as Blushing said they are working on a list of places and such with possibly deals.

Now i have only been to jellystone once to help a friend set up but seem like there camp could hold several 3 to 4 man tents maybe if you can get one of those with several people the cost would be lighter on the old mouney pouch.

Rani Zemirah

Well, I spoke to the office and they said the tent sites are only big enough for 1 tent, roughly 10 x 10 or so, but not much more, so only one tent to a site.  and $100 to camp for 3 nights is a bit out of my range, particularly since it doesn't include even an electrical outlet so I could plug in a fan or heater if I needed it.  I'll just have to see if there is another solution. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Zoë

Other Coloradoans, isn't there a KOA that's just south of the faire site?  Or is what I am thinking of the Jellystone park? 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

DeadBishop

After missing every Rendezvous except for the one at my home faire, I'm not missing this one.  I will be on a tight budget like others, so I need to be creative with accommodations.  Camping is probably out, as we will be driving out with limited space for bringing stuff along.

Staying with someone who lives nearby?

Sharing a hotel room?

R/F.com member since 2003

LadyFae

I dunno, DB- think there would be enough of us MN folk to figure out a caravan of sorts?  An RV caravan...  =)  We'd all be uber cozy.   ;)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

Rani Zemirah

It looks like Jellystone has some of the cabins, tipis and yurts that will sleep 4-6 people each, so sharing is always an option.  I've had a tentative offer to share, if nothing else is available, and it could very well work for us, so I'm certainly not ruling the campground out, by any means!  It looks like a really pretty place, also, and they have something called, get this... a Pancake Wagon!!!  :D  I can imagine them being overrun by Ravenous Rennies looking for something to tide them over until they can get their Scotch eggs...  LOL  

I think most of what they have are RV sites, though. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Zoë

I would let someone sleep on my couch but by fairetime next year I'll be living almost 2 hours away from the faire site...plus I'm not so sure if my gent would be crazy about having rennies running all about the house!!  But in lieu of that I'll be on the lookout for any good deals on hotels, campsites, etc...I want all my ren friends here to celebrate!!!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Lavender

I have volunteered to check out the affordable hotels and try and get a group rate set up.  I do have a question for the locals however, concidering the other activities like meet 'n' greet, and fairewell dinner, would Castle Rock or Colorado Springs be better?
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Francisco Paula

Hmm Well Lavender Castle Rock is only about 15 minutes north of the faire, Colorado Springs is about 30 minutes south of the faire. I don't know the plans for the get togethers also i would think about what airport people are coming in cause you have 1 in colorado springs then a big one in denver (DIA). Also you have the denver tech center or DTC that is about 25 to 30 minutes north of the faire grounds.

Hope that helps if not contact the ones that are planning said festivities.

Sir Garath

Lavender

Quote from: Sir Garath on August 30, 2010, 08:48:23 AM
Hmm Well Lavender Castle Rock is only about 15 minutes north of the faire, Colorado Springs is about 30 minutes south of the faire. I don't know the plans for the get togethers also i would think about what airport people are coming in cause you have 1 in colorado springs then a big one in denver (DIA). Also you have the denver tech center or DTC that is about 25 to 30 minutes north of the faire grounds.

Hope that helps if not contact the ones that are planning said festivities.

Sir Garath

I always stay at the Hampton Inn in Castle Rock.  Industry discount can't be beat, but I am looking for input from the other planners to make the group block convenient to all.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19