News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RenDezvous 2011 - It's a date!

Started by Blushing, August 18, 2010, 12:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyJessica

Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Zoë

Quote from: Lavender on August 30, 2010, 12:37:31 PM
Quote from: Sir Garath on August 30, 2010, 08:48:23 AM
Hmm Well Lavender Castle Rock is only about 15 minutes north of the faire, Colorado Springs is about 30 minutes south of the faire. I don't know the plans for the get togethers also i would think about what airport people are coming in cause you have 1 in colorado springs then a big one in denver (DIA). Also you have the denver tech center or DTC that is about 25 to 30 minutes north of the faire grounds.

Hope that helps if not contact the ones that are planning said festivities.

Sir Garath

I always stay at the Hampton Inn in Castle Rock.  Industry discount can't be beat, but I am looking for input from the other planners to make the group block convenient to all.

We are in the process of knocking out details like where the meet n' greet and the farewell dinner will be - but chances are that it will be either in Castle Rock or somewhere in Colorado Springs .... details will be coming as soon as possible!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Francisco Paula

I'll just keep my mouth shut from now on and let the people planning this post

Lady Renee Buchanan

Aside from the prices being higher for everything, the time frame this year isn't good for us.  For anyone in the hospitality/restaurant business, the Fourth of July weekend is usually a big one, that starts the summer season in the Midwest. Also, in my company, as in other large companies I worked for, if you take off the last working day before the holiday, you don't get paid for the holiday.

Chances of Lady Renee & Lord Stephen Buchanan attending RenDezvous this year?  Slim to none.

Which is a bummer, since we've attended 3 of the last 5 (same reasons why we couldn't attend Labor Day last year in MD, holiday tourism weekend).

But miracles happen, so we'll see.

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Blushing

I truly wish we could have picked a weekend that would have made everyone happy ... but sadly it just doesn't work that way.  We'll keep fingers crossed that you can find a way to make it.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

iain robb

I can see how a holiday weekend, while easier for me and some, may be more difficult for others. I'm not sure there's anything better the organizers could have done.

On the other hand, if you folks could turn the economy around, that would be good for all us and get a lot more folks out to Colorado. ;D

Blushing

If I had that kind of magic ... I would have used it MONTHS ago! =)
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Anna Iram

Perhaps someone will win the lottery and share the ren love.  :)

I did a quick search via Priceline and I'm seeing rates below $300 from Tampa to Denver. Don't know what rates are from other cities but it does look like rates are down a bit now and if you are committed now might be the time to leap.

Southwest now has up to 144 non stop flights out of Denver. While I hate their seating policy, they do offer two free bags per passenger. I know I need two bags when I travel to faire, so this is a great savings!

http://www.southwest.com/denver/

cowgrrl

I think we should be able to be there.  It may be just a weekend or it may turn into the 'Great American Road Trip'.  We shall see.

iain robb

You know, I really should learn to never say never.

I thought I couldn't make it the last Rendezvous, and work took me to that part of Texas at just the right time.

And lately I've been thinking that Colorado next summer was out of the question, and now I've found out we may have a free place to stay, and my wife and I racking up a ton of frequent flier miles next month, so we may be able to fly free. I can afford free! So if everything works out the way it looks like it's going to, we'll be there, our third Rendezvous in a row.

Adriana Rose

Yay! The weekend that was picked is one that has smaller crowds, its a good weekend for a really large group to come and play.

Merlin the Elder

I'm not sure we can pull it off... we're hoping to break ground on a new home soon and may not have any spare coins for a road trip. I HOPE we can pull it off. I sure would like to meet some of you crazy people!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Zoë

We're not crazy...it's just the altitude that makes us this way!  ;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Francisco Paula

Zoe i do believe i am crazy i was like this way before i moved to the mile high city.

Merlin the Elder

I didn't mean "crazy" as an insult. Personally, I'm crazier than a road lizard.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...