News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

NEWS

Started by humphrey, September 23, 2010, 04:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

humphrey

hey all.

not that it actually means anything to the castleteers, but i am posting anyway.

tuesday morning symmes township met with our knights and our lawyer and decided that we can not hold our one and only fund raiser, our haunted house. it is their believe that without over head sprinklers the risk is too great.

let follow the silliness and self righteous indignation

Old Tinker

me's do not normally curse, so -

those MULES !  ;)

OT & B...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

CapnFayeCutler

Mayhaps one can adjust and hold it outside? No need for sprinklers there!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

humphrey

we have done it outside many times in the past, cheif amongst the problems is the weather, cold and potentially rain. no one wants to work outside.

we are trying to come up with other ideas for maximizing attendance for other events. i am in favor of highlighting each season by decorating the castle for the season along with historical demonstrations ie, for winter you have santa in the throne, 20 bucks a pop for a picture. candle making, carolers...etc.  plus the knights tourney could stand some tweaking, raising admission to 5 bucks on those days.

the haunted house will be missed, we have counted on it for around 30 years to get us thru the winter. but looking back, we were making less and less on it, with attendance dwindling caused by all the restrictions...i for one will not miss it :)

edit: if we do manage to pull off a few new events, on a smaller scale, along with the tourney's we stand to make more than the haunted house has in 15 years