News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weekend One: Oktoberfest!!!

Started by Morrigan, October 07, 2010, 11:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morrigan

Dig out your lederhosen, and save room for a bratwurst, it's Oktoberfest!

Featured on the Revels Stage (the red wagon stage near the front gate) this weekend is our German Court, the Singing Von Cleves family!  Be sure to come by and see them perform!

Our contests this weekend all take place at the Revels Stage:

11:00am  Polka Dancing Competition!   Couples are encouraged to enter, and if you don't have a partner, we will do our best to find you one!

1:00pm   MassKrugStemmen!   This contest is new this year, and is a traditional Octoberfest test of strength!

4:00pm  Bratwurst Eating Contest!    As in years past, this is sponsered by Boars Head.   All of our eating contests are exciting and entertaining for both participants and observers!

Hope to see you there, and have fun!

Please note:  As in years past, our contests are open to patrons only.   Those who are employed or engaged in ANY capacity by TRF, its representatives, vendors, or artisans are ineligible for the prizes, and are asked not to compete with our patrons.  This ineligibility extends to immediate family members of those mentioned above.   Later in the season, there are contests which are specifically open to our vendors and artisans, and these will be posted both here and in the TRF newsletter.   Thank you for your understanding.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Blue66669

Oktoberfest, from the River Rhine...
Blaidd Drwg

beckgam462

The Rhine river flows through  frankfurt, wiesbaden the germany states of  hessen, rhinelandpflatz, ( 175 miles north) not bavaria  where October fest is a tradition,   ;D

in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: beckgam462 on October 08, 2010, 07:48:52 AM
The Rhine river flows through  frankfurt, wiesbaden the germany states of  hessen, rhinelandpflatz, ( 175 miles north) not bavaria  where October fest is a tradition,   ;D

I see you've been there too...  Lol  :D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Lady D1

Thank you to our hostess with the mostest!

Yeah can't wait!!!  Wondering if my other half might enjoy the brat contest???

Love your picture M!!!  Don't think I have seen you at fair dressed that way!  And loved your pictures in the Calendar as well. 
Don't delay, taste a tart today!

Blue66669

*smacks forehead*

It's a song, ya turds LOL!
Blaidd Drwg

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

FaeHollow

JA WOHL! Und come see the MOST AMAZING, WUNDERBAR, DID I SAY AMAZING singing Von Cleves family at the Revels stage at 9:30 am und 2:30 pm both days! JA!

-Birgitte Von Cleves-
Leigh

Morrigan

Quote from: beckgam462 on October 08, 2010, 07:48:52 AM
The Rhine river flows through  frankfurt, wiesbaden the germany states of  hessen, rhinelandpflatz, ( 175 miles north) not bavaria  where October fest is a tradition,   ;D

Oh good god, really?   Damn, we got it totally wrong, didn't we?   I wonder if it's too late to cancel the entire thing....

(tongue in cheek, y'all!)
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Sir Martin

Thanks for the update, Morrigan.  We are all looking forward to seeing you and all of the wonderful TRF Performance Company soon!