News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Charlie Thacker, Campground Security, TRF

Started by TheOnlyAxxe, October 19, 2010, 06:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grizintx

Heck Love,if you guys had any issue my lads and I would have happily stepped up to run interference.  should have sent a runner.  Happy there weren't any major issues though.  Look forward to hanging with you guys again.  SOON. (envisions a trip to Sherwood.)
May your cup never be empty, and your tent always be upwind of the privy.

LadyStitch

We would have sent a runner but it was just Mythin & Kalee with the 16 & 17 year old girls.  We didn't want to leave the girls 1 man down.  And yeah we are already plotting a trip to sherwood. Won't be the whole clan, but it will be us.
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

Taylor Blu

Hey every one! How was camp safety this past weekend? I'm trying to keep tabs on things for my dad who will be there on last weekend, without me :(

KiltedPrivateer

I don't think our group encountered any problems with theft and we were only 2 rows from the cessp... Eh, Fire Circle (o:  That of course made us the thoroughfare for the fire circle foot traffic but even still, no issues that I'm aware of.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

crashbot

Yeah, we had no trouble at all. Maybe it was me, but there seemed to be more police and the patrols seemed to more often,  not just a quick run through. I had dismounted officers walk past our camp on several occasions and we where way in the back. I do not recall that happening more than maybe once in the past few years. 

Only two minor instances,

One underage kid asked for an "extra beer", to which I replied "there is no such thing as an extra beer, want a gatoraide?". I think that shorted out what brain they had left for that evening, so they just walked off.

One very drunk guy who stopped by early in the evening Friday and then came back even more intoxicated later that night, so drunk he couldn't even form a coherent sentence. One of my camp mates suggested it was "about time for you to go to bed, don't you think?". Guy just wondered off into the night, never to be seen by us again.
Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

Tink

I have to make a comment here - I love that you offered the underage kid a gatorade.  I know there are many views and opinions about drinking ages, but as a teacher, I am greatly pleased at how much I see this being enforced with the camp "regulars" and such.  Keep up the good karma!
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare