News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's for lunch at TRF?

Started by DonaCatalina, November 04, 2010, 04:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirRichardBear

combination plate at the Polish kichens as a good value and the food is great.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Drudonn

I usually have a gyro, but I think I'll have to stop in at the POW this year....

Aiacha

dbaldock

Quote from: Aiacha on November 04, 2010, 01:06:38 PM
Quote from: beckgam462 on November 04, 2010, 09:22:22 AM
Scotch Eggs  hmmm

That's breakfast!  :-)

True!

Last weekend I had the Scotch Egg for Breakfast, and then later in the day tried the Muffuletta from the vendor near where the French Court hangs out.  It was a good, and filling sandwich.  I've had, and like, the Sweet Potato Curly Fries.

Someone mentioned Baked Sweet Potatoes, but I didn't find the vendor selling them.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Fenster

Quote from: SirRichardBear on November 04, 2010, 12:59:08 PM
combination plate at the Polish kichens as a good value and the food is great.
Disco!  That was much better than I expected it to be.

Aiacha

Quote from: dbaldock on November 04, 2010, 02:20:27 PM
Scotch Eggs  hmmm

True!

Last weekend I had the Scotch Egg for Breakfast, and then later in the day tried the Muffuletta from the vendor near where the French Court hangs out.  It was a good, and filling sandwich.  I've had, and like, the Sweet Potato Curly Fries.

Someone mentioned Baked Sweet Potatoes, but I didn't find the vendor selling them.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Next to the Globe Stage on the right there is a vendor that sells baked potatoes (I believe they have a sign up).  They sell baked sweets there too.

dbaldock

Quote from: Aiacha on November 04, 2010, 03:53:01 PM
Quote from: dbaldock on November 04, 2010, 02:20:27 PM
Scotch Eggs  hmmm

True!

Take Care,
David Baldock

Next to the Globe Stage on the right there is a vendor that sells baked potatoes (I believe they have a sign up).  They sell baked sweets there too.

Thanks for the Info!  I'll check there next time I'm at the Faire.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Queen Bonnie

The German Royal Hamburger- and the Reuben are good!
I LOVE the prime rib!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

FaeHollow

AMEN QUEEN BONNIE!

The royal Hamburg in the German area is FABULOUS! I like to get it cause it is yummy and huge and only 6 bucks!

and hey ... while you are there getting a burger.. stop by my nest and say hello! :D
Leigh

Lady Kett

Have to add my thumbs up for:

Prime Rib Trencher @ POW
Anything at all from the Polish section (and yes those pierogies are WONDERFUL)
The royal hamburg

And add - the apple dumplings. I think they are in more than one place but I get them near the kids games on the way to the Italian area.

I like the sounds of the sweet potato fries / baked sweet potato too, going to have to find those!

dbaldock

Quote from: Lady Kett on November 04, 2010, 09:49:52 PM

I like the sounds of the sweet potato fries / baked sweet potato too, going to have to find those!

The Sweet Potato Curly Fries (with or without Powdered Sugar & Cinnamon) were from the same vendor as the Muffuletta Sandwich, near where the French Court hangs out.  It's on the Right Side of the 400's, in one of the "green" booths that doesn't have a pop-up info-bubble on the TRF New Market Village Map.

This is a picture of the young lady who was working there on Saturday evening:

Take Care,
David Baldock

crashbot

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

*Teach*

*My favorite meal in faire is rum and coke...*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Tudor-Diva

I am throwing my 2 shillings in for the pierogies, and the gyro as well.  When I am craving protein I always get the sesame chicken (chicken tenders on a stick) from Merchant Prince on Mockingbird Lane. 

I really REALLY miss the beefy cones that used to be sold by the Odeon.  The beefy bun just isn't the same.

There's a nice cheese and fruit plate to be had down by Ravic's shop as well.
Stacy Bakri

beckgam462

Quote from: Tudor-Diva on November 05, 2010, 09:15:55 AM
I am throwing my 2 shillings in for the pierogies, and the gyro as well.  When I am craving protein I always get the sesame chicken (chicken tenders on a stick) from Merchant Prince on Mockingbird Lane. 

I really REALLY miss the beefy cones that used to be sold by the Odeon.  The beefy bun just isn't the same.

There's a nice cheese and fruit plate to be had down by Ravic's shop as well.

where is Ravic's shop??
in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens