News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's for lunch at TRF?

Started by DonaCatalina, November 04, 2010, 04:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

What is the best food there? Is there some hidden treasure that only the regulars know about?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Prime Rib Trenchers @ the POW.  Mmmmmmm!  Beef!  ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

The Rogue Gambit

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on November 04, 2010, 06:50:46 AM

Yum, that sound good, gonna have to try that next time.
Gambit, Whiskey boy, Kilt boy, and many others......

Aiacha

Perogies!  I hadn't had them until last year and they are yummy!  I don't know how much of a hidden treasure, but I just never thought about them with all the *meat* on a stick running around.

Molden

AMEN! Usually takes me + 1 to finish one! Great horseradich sauce as well. I ALWAYS get one when I go to TRF.

Honorable mention goes to:

Beef Empenadas over in the "Food Court" section
Gyros also in the Greek area.
Cat-like & Mercurial

Reliably Unreliable

Lady D1

Second the gyros in the Greek area and our family loves the cajun fries although they are really more like cajun potato chips.
Don't delay, taste a tart today!

Blackbead

I agree completely!  In the last couple of years, Captain Jasper and I always have one of these for lunch.  It fills us both up and is delicious!  We got one late in the day a few weekends ago and they cut us the "best of the rest" and it was the most delectable one we've had so far!
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

beckgam462

in the bilge with the vermin
Procrastination wannabe
Life Time member "Cottonbalers"';  Volens et Potens

KiltedPrivateer

I've heard many people praise the prime rib, which I've had at the feast and I was not let down, however, the one time I ordered it from the POW it was all fat and bread and hardly any meat, so was that just a bad year or there is a particular time that one should avoid ordering one or should strive to order one?

My family loves the perogies and gyros, they are our typical faire food when we're there.  The fried PB&J was awesome too.  I was not that impressed with the Monte Christo opening weekend.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on November 04, 2010, 09:24:09 AM
I've heard many people praise the prime rib, which I've had at the feast and I was not let down, however, the one time I ordered it from the POW it was all fat and bread and hardly any meat, so was that just a bad year or there is a particular time that one should avoid ordering one or should strive to order one?

My family loves the perogies and gyros, they are our typical faire food when we're there.  The fried PB&J was awesome too.  I was not that impressed with the Monte Christo opening weekend.

When i ordered mine, this past Sunday, i had just heard a woman complaining about the PR... when mine arrived, it was everything the woman said it wasn't.  Excellent.

The Gyros are to die for also... i like the lamb/beef combo.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

I guess it's hit or miss then.  Never had a bad gyro though (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

angusmacinnes

I had the fish and chips at the Sea Devil last weekend and I thought it was pretty good.  Gyros are always good too.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

valt

The Tortas in the Spanish area are quite delicious...

Advent

I saw that the POW has expanded its menu to include a rack of ribs. Anyone had these yet?
The Order of Culloden Moor
Clan McLotofus
Keeper of the Broken Moral Compass and CoCaptain of the JagerBOMB Squad

Zardoz

Quote from: Aiacha on November 04, 2010, 07:07:53 AM
Perogies!  I hadn't had them until last year and they are yummy!  I don't know how much of a hidden treasure, but I just never thought about them with all the *meat* on a stick running around.

+1 on the Perogies! not only are they good, but at a place not really known for "reasonably priced" food, they are a pretty good value as well!
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine