News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Suggestions for a visitor from MD :)

Started by analise, November 04, 2010, 02:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

analise

So, I'm flying down to Austin to visit a friend over Thanksgiving and we realized TRF would be going on that weekend. And we're both faire fans and...well, it's not that far of a drive, especially since we plan on staying overnight (not camping, getting a m/hotel room).

Anyway, have you fine folks got any suggestions for places in the area to stay along with what the absolute must-sees are at your faire? (Since we can only be there for the two days and I hear we'd need rather more than that to see everything.)

Thanks!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Lady Guinevere

Definitely be outside the Sea Devil just before the fireworks which start at dusk so you can watch Tartinic perform in the lanes.  It's their best show, in my opinion.
Clan McLotofus Elder

Lady Kett

Analise,

As far as m/hotel rooms - if you go to the TRF site and follow the "Visit the Festival" > "Directions" and hit the Mapquest link, you can then search for hotels.

We have no particular place we stay - I just look for a room or rooms whenever we are sure to go and wing it. We tend to stay out near I-45 (East of Faire when you drag the Map) in Conroe or The Woodlands. Lots of choices there. The places in Magnolia seem to be full well in advance so the "no advance notice" thing doesn't work so well with them! Near I-45 is about a 30 minute trek without traffic. Getting out can be an adventure if you try to leave right when everyone else is leaving! Tomball isn't too far away either but we haven't stayed there.

Hopefully we will get to see you! We are booked at The Best Western in The Woodlands for Thanksgiving Weekend.

*Teach*

Iris & Rose's train wreck show
Always hilarious!

*drink some rum first... it helps with the funny*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

DonaCatalina

If you stay in Montgomery (north of TRF), the traffic in and out of fair is a lot less. Super 8 and Best Western are right there together, both are ok.
We actually prefer the Best Western in Tomball even though the southbound traffic is heavier. The motel is cleaner and better run and you have many more choices for eating out.

I'm sure plenty of people have opinions on the best shows. It would be hard for me to pick just one, but Cantiga, Owain Phyfe, Iris & Rose, Wine & Alchemy are just a few.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

analise

Thanks for the suggestions!

And I know about Wine and Alchemy, they were at MDRF this year. :D