News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Printing Photos

Started by saphire_glade, November 15, 2010, 11:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saphire_glade

I am to run a photo contest to use to decorate the office. Is there a table of how many megapixels you need to print off photos in a certain size and have them print out in a good quality? We are looking at printing in poster sized for the walls of the office and I need to know so when I send out the rules for the contest I can give a minimum Megapixel limit on the camera.

If anyone knows a table or just basic size limits please let me know so I can get my contest rules out asap.

Thanks!
Saphire
aka Jewel the Water Faerie *MNRF*
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

dbaldock

There's a question similar to yours about image size and print quality that was answered here: Digital Photography School Forum - Print Quality

Long answer - there's math involved.
Short answer - 7 to 10 MP will print excellent quality up to poster sized.

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous