News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who will be there for opening weekend?

Started by Lady Rochelle, November 21, 2010, 10:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Rochelle

Sadly to say , I was not able to attend the  opening year of this splendid fair. This year it is planned, I will make it out on opening weekend. Just looking to see who will be attending at the same time. It will be great to see old faces and greet new ones!!
Let the games begin !

Zardoz

We should be there for opening Saturday, it's on the calender.
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

maeven

My husband and I are trying really hard to make arrangements in order for us to make it to opening day. Fingers crossed! :)
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

SirRichardBear

We plan on being their openning weekend but like all plans they are tentative.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Merlin the Elder

In terms of physical size, is this best visited as a two-day event? I realize that it is a young faire, but I hear such wonderful things about it! Regardless, if we come down, we will likely do FoF just for support, even though any camping would be done in a king at the nearest Holiday or Hampton Inn.  It certainly sounds inviting!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

mpullen

Merlin and others, when you are ready to go to the darkside, come camp in the General/open campgrounds.

Some things you have never experienced before:

After we have pushed out the patrons at the end of each day and the fireworks in the parking lot done, we shift things around to let the Participants (mainly shopkeepers) out. Once this is completed, we open the gate between the Patrons campgrounds and the Faire area, so that folks can attend the party at the Pub or joining us at the fire at the Seven Sister stone circle. Name another Faire that does this.

Also, we will now have flush toilets and showers (with, (gasp) hot water).

Mike Pullen
SWFF Campgrounds Manager

Pat McGroin

I'm trying my best to be there. What better way to spend my birthday is Opening Weekend.
I'm the Carpenter aboard the Bayou Scoundrel,
The Keeper of FIREWATER!!!
I.F.R.P. #1447

Lady Kett

Merlin,

We went opening weekend last year and 2 days was barely enough. I can only imagine that this year (and future years) will reinforce that.

We are hotel campers too - stayed in Bastrop. Reasonably local, but our hotel choice will hopefully be upgraded this year. I hope you and your fair lady can make it this year so we can see you again before Scarby!

Lady Rochelle

Well Pat , then your ticket is on me . Happy Birthday at Faire
Let the games begin !

spikey

We will definitely be there opening weekend and most others as well.

Queen Bonnie

I will be there to greet everyone every weekend- unless my evil twin shows up instead! LOL.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Mead Swilling Lech

I know this family is planning on being there!
Whiskey was invented to keep us Irish from ruling the world.

Lady Rosaline

I'm gonna try my best to make it as much as possibly. Shooting for opening weekend + some.
I'm the reason the rum is gone! (Unless Teach is near by!)

Rowan MacD

After seeing the spread in this month's Renaissance Magazine-I wish I could go.
Have fun!
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rani Zemirah

I'm trying my best to arrange things so we can attend opening weekend, at least, and if I can start selling more of my crafts between now and then we might just be able to make it...  There's a certain ceremony my renlet and I would love to attend that weekend, as well!  Scally ADORES MM, and is thrilled that he is so very happy these days! 

Merlin, I haven't gotten to attend this wonderful new Faire yet, either, but all of the folks I know who have been have had only wonderful things to say about it, the enchanting setting, the talented cast and all the people who have volunteered their hard work and sweat equity to make it the Magical place it is, and we are determined to add it to our yearly schedule of "not to be missed" Faires!  If we were closer we would be volunteering to work as street entertainers, as well, just for the pleasure of joining in! 

Lady R... when we do finally make it, we'll be camping with our clan, P.R., even though we unfortunately haven't been able to make it down for any of the work days.  From the pics, it looks like everyone has a great time working and playing while getting the place ready for the season, and I'm soooo looking forward to seeing all the cool little (and not so little) things I've been watching take shape over the last year and more...  :D  I'm particularly looking forward to dancing with the Seven Sisters...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede