News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wedding Officiant needed

Started by Tygrkat, May 09, 2008, 05:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tygrkat

Greetings! I had a post on our previous fourm about needing an Officiant as I am getting married {to the most amazing man EVER!} at Sterling this summer on August 16th. A few of you were kind enough to ren-mail some suggestions and contact info to me, which was lost in the recent transition.

If those who sent contact info {Photomike, I lost Cricket's Info, and someone else sent info about a Lady Fenris in Auburn who sounded like a great candidate as well,} could re-send it, it would be deeply appreciated. 

Many Thanks to Thee! ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Tygrkat

220 views and no responses....*sigh*... :-\

IndeanaSunday

Perhaps the Good Cardinal would be a candidate? I've heard he does weddings. And Tallini is hilarious anyway...

Sir Douglas of Waterbury

If you call the Sterling office at 315-947-5782 they will give a local name and phone number who can help.

Tygrkat

IndeanaSunday, I am afraid I am not acquainted with the Good Cardinal Tallini (?) ~ is this the Gentleman who officiates the ceremonies for the renewal of vows weekend? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated  ;D

Sir Douglas, Many Thanks to Thee!!
I do have the contact info for the Gentleman who officiates the renewal of vows weekend, am I correct that he is also the Sterling Justice of the Peace? I spoke with Marilyn a while ago regarding this, and many other things, and she has been most helpful as well :)

IndeanaSunday

This:
http://www.pbase.com/balff/image/82651568

...is Cardinal Tallini.

He's quite funny and a bit irrevrant. He did at least one wedding that I know of last year, and it was a good time for all. I'm not sure how to get in contact with him, however. Maybe the festival office?

Tygrkat

Quote from: IndeanaSunday on May 27, 2008, 06:08:58 PM
This:
http://www.pbase.com/balff/image/82651568

...is Cardinal Tallini.

He's quite funny and a bit irrevrant. He did at least one wedding that I know of last year, and it was a good time for all. I'm not sure how to get in contact with him, however. Maybe the festival office?

Funny is good....irreverent is even better, as we do not want a religious ceremony {for numerous reasons} - I'll have to do a bit more research, although he may freak out certain 'recovering catholics' in my Fiance's family and I know more than a couple of my family members would be surprised to see clergy of any sort, let alone a "Cardinal" officiating my wedding   ;D

Lord Finger

Congratulations again! It was very nice to meet you both on your special day. Hope to see you around next year   ;D

Tygrkat

Thanks, Sterling Scot, it was a pleasure meeting you as well, and we will DEFINITELY be at Sterling next season...as well as very possibly partaking in whatever Halloween activities are brewing... ;D