News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Friend of Faire Preview Weekend

Started by Merlin the Elder, January 03, 2011, 08:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Just curious if anyone here is planning on attending the preview? Nim and I are making the trip again this year.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Ronald the Bald

I have for the last several years and will probably do so again.

DonaCatalina

We have made every year since they started the FOF preview. We probably will this year. But before you drive down from Arkansas for it, the site opens late Sunday afternoon and I believe closes at 6.
That is not to say we wouldn't be glad to see you.  ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin

Nope

Been there every year for this but going to pass on it this year. Not sure if I am even going to get a FOF since 14 of 17 people I usually come with wont be coming as much since they can't get season tickets.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

SirRichardBear

Most likely not more likely to go to Sherwood for closing weekend.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Merlin the Elder

Doña, we've come down the past two years, but we didn't know you then! This will be preview #3. We kinda get off on having the shire pretty much to ourselves, relatively speaking. One of the things that really surprised us was the difference between preview weekend and opening weekend in the way things looked.

Preview weekend, Sunday, April 4, 2010:

Opening weekend, Saturday, April 10, 2010:

I wish I had gotten the same point-of-view, but check out the tree, center field in upper pic, right in lower pic.  Only six days between shots!

Do you and the Don come in garb?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

DonaCatalina

That is a great set of photos....hard to believe , eh?
On preview weekend we come in plain clothes at the request of the faire management.
The preview weekend is also an opportunity for any new cast members to get their first taste of performing for a crowd.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

eloquentXI

If I can get my hands on a FoF pass this year, sure, I'll definitely see ya'll there.

But who knows at this point. Everything is pretty up in the air.  :-\
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Clarendon

Just bought the FOF yesterday so the wife and I will probably be there.
Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

Ryk Rakham

We were there in 2009 and shared the experience of waiting for our FOF pictures. It was nice visiting the village while it was quiet and empty, although we hardly found anyone that we knew...walked around by ourselves (talked to Richard P. aka VII) and ate the dinner. We skipped 2010 but are considering coming back this year. Would like to meet more faire folke though and get to know some of you all. We'll decide in February. If not, we will see you all on opening day.
Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Nicolas-Antoine

IF I get a FOF pass (still deciding on that) I know I won't be going to the picnic. We're stuck deciding what to do for the girlfriends ticket. She only goes about 4 or 5 times so FOF pass is definitely out so we have to decide if want to pay 24 at the gate or try and "guess" how many times she will go and buy the daily tickets up front for 20. Honestly right now I'm still pissed at Scarby with their getting rid of the season pass.

cyberrennie

Maybe this helps-maybe not. I'm just offering an alternative-

You get 2 free passes for first 2 weekends with the FOF, so that's 2 admissions covered.

If you buy the new weekend pass for $32, that's 2 more admissions. You are now 4 tickets for $32 outlay.

If you buy and additional weekend pass, for another $32, you now have 6 admissions, you get to be there everyday, she gets to come 6 times, and you are spending $64. Less than the old Season Pass.

Again, not preaching, just trying to help you out.

ArielCallista

I'm working on the money for an FOF pass...I will for sure be there unless something major happens
Things are shaping up to be...
Pretty. Odd.

Merlin

Quote from: Nicolas-Antoine on January 17, 2011, 11:25:23 PM
IF I get a FOF pass (still deciding on that) I know I won't be going to the picnic. We're stuck deciding what to do for the girlfriends ticket. She only goes about 4 or 5 times so FOF pass is definitely out so we have to decide if want to pay 24 at the gate or try and "guess" how many times she will go and buy the daily tickets up front for 20. Honestly right now I'm still pissed at Scarby with their getting rid of the season pass.

Tom Thumb always sells tickets at a discount too
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Casche

I'll be there for the first time as a new member of cast  ;D  I cannot wait!