News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Middlefaire - near Hillsboro, Texas

Started by DonaCatalina, June 11, 2008, 06:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Has anyone heard an official announcement from Middlefaire yet?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Clarendon

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

dbaldock

When I sent them an email on 28-Feb-08 (while helping John update the RenFest lists), this was their reply:

Quote from: Paul Delacroix <middlefaire@yahoo.com>The Middlefaire Renaissance and Medieval Festival will be Sept. 27-28 and October 4-5, 2008.

Admission to the faire will be $12 Adults, $5 for Children.
Hours will be 11 AM to 7 PM Saturday and 11 AM to 6 PM on Sunday.

Christmas Fest will be held on December 13-14, 2008.
Admission is $3 per person.
Hours will be 11 AM to 6 PM Saturday and 11 AM to 5 PM Sunday.

Many thanks for all your help. :)

-best wishes, Paul
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

DonaCatalina

Thanks for the update and info, dbaldock.  ;D
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

angusmacinnes

Have been considering going to this but havent heard anyone talk about it or give opinions about it.  It would be nice to know a little about what to expect.

There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

SirRichardBear

Hi angus:

I wasn't at Middlefaire last year since it was the same weekend as TRF opening.  I went the first year it was small then just one building and several tents.  They let the Scots lead their parade and they had highland game event open to any scot that wanted to try it.  I enjoyed it and was sorry they decide to do it the same time as TRF last year.   This Year its the two weekends before TRF so I'm planning on going down and giving it a try if its about a hour or so from the Dallas area.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

angusmacinnes

Thanks for the reply Sir Richard.  I look forward to seeing you there.  The wife is doing nicely and we should be able to make the trip.  Yeah, I have a sister that lives in the Hillsboro area. Again, thanks.
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

genasguy

Angus-
If you like a smaller, more intimate (stop that! that's not what I mean!) faire, you would probably like MiddleFaire.  Tends to be pretty laid back.  Reminds me a bit of Scarborough in it's first couple of years, though smaller.  Though a "Renaissance" faire, and all personas of different eras are welcome, the primary emphasis is on a pirate theme, around 1650.  Having said that, no one is anal enough to be the character police here, and the emphasis is on enjoying yourself.  Price is cheaper than most faires.  This is the third year, and though it still hasn't come close to all the plans the owner has for it, there's been a striking difference from the first 2-day run in '06.  If you are used to Scarby, you'll see some acts you may recognize, and some you won't.  One change from the earlier post c. the schedule- the MiddleFaire dates are indeed the last weekend of Sept. and the first weekend of Oct., so there shouldn't be a conflict with TRF.  As of a couple of weeks ago, though, the owner/manager Paul Tuma stated he'd decided to cancel the ChristmasFest in December.  Some of us were there last year and were looking forward to it again, but he says most of the vendors last December didn't do much, and he wants to build up more of a reputation for the faire in general, before trying to add too much at a time.
Looking forward to seeing you-
genasguy
"With Out A Net"
Well, I was there,  and there wasn't much of anybody else there, and well...it just seemed a good idea at the time...

Moon Dawg

To see the Photo's of both years of Middlefaire click on the link below. For first year click on the "Archive" link.
M)D
http://www.pygmypony.net/MiddlefaireIndex.htm
Moon)Dawg
Mage of the Majick Box
Keeper of the Pygmypony
Wizard to the Kingdom of Onondaga

DonaCatalina

Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

CatAshtrophy

I've been thinking of going to try this faire out as it isn't very far from me. Not sure if I will have the time to make it, but I hope I will get to go.

Blackbead

Captain Jasper and I will be there!

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Emerald Shaunassey

The Ladies of the Salty Kiss will be performing there both weekends; just got our contract today.

This will be our first time of performing at this festival and we will be camping.  Any tips on the weather in the late Sept/early October frame for this part of Texas?  What about local eateries and such?

Thanks a bunch,
Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

CatAshtrophy

It still is often pretty hot in late September, but it gets chilly from time to time too. Hillsborough has lots of fast food and stuff because it is situated on the interstate, but I don't know how close that is to the faire.

DonaCatalina

We stayed at the Hampton on I35 and it took us all of 10 minutes to drive to the Faire last year.My husband's family lives in Hillsboro and they all go to the Roadhouse. We usually eat there with them when we visit. There's an outlet mall, about 6 hotels of varying ages and all the fast food you could want.

It can get rather warm during the day, but it cools down overnight.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess