News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval Faire in Norman, OK-who's going?

Started by LadyMorna, February 18, 2011, 09:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rabbi

Would love to do the tailgate but will be arriving late as well. Look for the longhaired hippie with a dragon on his left shoulder it will be me. Still not sure about garb being ready.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Actually... that description could fit more people than you know!  LOL  I'll keep my eyes open, though! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyMorna

My husband Mark (Laird Marcus MacLaren) will have on his R/F pin, but alas, the pin on the back of mine fell off last year and I am not sure where it is.  (I need to order another one!)  We will be the two rather (how should I put it?) "healthy-looking" Scottish redheads. He wears a kilt (I make sure he's got shorts under it, though!)

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

raevyncait

I've got my pin in my jewelry box, I just have to remember to put it on! Rogues shows at the Gryphon Stage, 10:45, 1, 3:15 & 5:30 every day, the first 2 shows Friday and the last probably 2 shows on Sunday I'll be the only one selling CD's, so you can't miss me if you're at those for sure...
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Rani Zemirah

I'll have my pin on, as well, so we'll at least recognize each other as long as we're close enough to see them!  Raevyncait, I'll be sure to introduce myself and my daughter after one of the performances!  Maybe we can all manage to make it to the same performance!  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

raevyncait

I'm confident that all the shows will be great, but the first two on Friday and the last one or two on Sunday will be without Nelson (on drums mostly, but also some keyboards & accordion) or Corey (on fiddle) because of the flight schedules to get them here & back to Canada...
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Rani Zemirah

I'll certainly keep that in mind, then!  Thanks for the info! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Emerald Shaunassey

Unless finances go "POOF!" between now and then, it looks as though myself, my other half, the 2 wee urchins, and my best friend (and partner-in-crime) will be in attendance on Saturday only.  I doubt I'll bust out the garb (but one never knows) and then it would be a decision of WHICH garb to wear (Cap'n Emerald's garb or my wench garb ... hmmm...).  If 'Danes win out, look for a tall, Ruben-esque redhead sporting a Kelly green Missouri Renaissance Festival t-shirt.  That'd be me. 

Out of curiosity, did the Noble Center do away with the $5.00 per vehicle charge they levied last year?  It would be WONDERFUL if Med Faire went back to the free parking we had all enjoyed for years.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Rani Zemirah

I didn't know they were charging... but then I usually just bypass the big lot and head straight for the north lot that's attached to the park, itself.  It's small, but I can always find a space open, because everyone else just assumes you have to park in the big lot.  It's more convenient for tailgating, or if we need to drop off/pick up cloaks or anything.  I'm still planning to bring mimosas and pastries at least Saturday morning, and if anyone would like to pop out to the lot for a quick sip during the day that is also an option! 

I'd hate to miss anyone, so please PM me here and I'll give you my cell number so you can text me once you're there and we can meet up somewhere!  Much easier than trying to spot R/F pins in that crowd!  ;)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

LadyMorna

We're coming up on Saturday, and I think we are going to bring a friend who has never been to a Faire.  Mark and I have planned to be in garb, but I don't know about our friend yet.  He has some health problems, and may not be up to doing a whole lot of walking, so I plan on taking in a lot of shows!

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

Rani Zemirah

We're hoping to see more shows this year, as well, because usually we're so busy running around with friends... and shopping... that we miss most of the entertainment!  It's not like the site is so huge that you can't get from one end to the other in just a few minutes... it's just that there are so very many distractions packed into that small space along the way!  :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

raevyncait

well, and I don't know ANYONE who suffers from AD-ooooh SHINEY. nope, not a soul....
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Craigmeister

I'll be there on Saturday.  I'll be taking pix for my website so if you see me (aka Robin Hood), stop me & I'll capture your image.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Hercules

BossWench and I decided to forgo Sherwood's closing weekend and make the (shorter) drive northward.

Do they sell mead here or must I bring a seperate trailer?  ;D
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Rani Zemirah

No meade, unfortunately... or any other alcohol.  :(  Best rootbeer and cream soda in the world, but no booze...

I'll have mimosas in the parking lot, however...  ;)

It's FAIRE!!!!!!!!!  ;D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede