News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Medieval Faire in Norman, OK-who's going?

Started by LadyMorna, February 18, 2011, 09:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyMorna

I haven't seen any postings about the Medieval Faire in Norman, OK.  I thought we might go up there this year, as my husband wants to visit some faires we haven't attended yet. Anyone here going? Any advice on what to see, where to stay, etc?  Does anyone know who will be performing there this year?

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

The Rabbi

Ifn my lady can escape from work we will be going that way on Saturday. As for where to stay or anything else I too am clueless. Be ye looking for other small fairs You would be made welcome at The Spirit of Magic as well.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

LadyMorna

If we can, we will try to visit Spirit of Magic.  Thank you for the invite!

Lady Morna
Mistress of Conundrum Castle, Wife of Sir Marcas McLaren, and Lady-in-Waiting to two royal housecats

raevyncait

My friend & I will be heading up there on Thursday night.  Other than The Rogues, I've no idea who is performing. We haven't decided where we are staying yet. Last year we were, I want to say at a Holiday Inn, but I might be wrong.

Last year was our first trip, and we were impressed with the variety of new and familiar vendors (Scarby is home for us), as well as a decent food selection.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

Rani Zemirah

Scally and I will be there every day, as always, from open to close, so I hope to have the chance to see all of you! 

Here is the link for Norman Medieval Fair and here's a google maps link to hotels near Reaves Park in Norman.

Since this is our home Faire, Scally and I would love to offer to put together a pre-"cannon" (we don't even have a gate, much less a cannon) tailgate so we can all have a bite and a nip of something before starting the day, if anyone would be interested.  Everything starts at 10am, so if anyone is interested in visiting a bit beforehand, just let me know and we'll throw something together.  We're just about 40 minutes away, so we can get there by around 8am and set up a table and some goodies...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

If Tullamore is there, go see them.  They are just the best Celtic band on the circuit.  I never miss them at a Renfaire.  You can see them on YouTube if you type in "Tullamore Kansas City".  They are amazing!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Sigundo

Rats! I have training at the NCED center but sadly will be arriving late Sunday, probably an hour before they close. Last year I was up for training and had a great time at the Norman fair. The NCED training center now rents rooms to anyone if they are not full up for Postal training or conventions and is a couple miles away from the Norman fair. You have to add a couple minutes to park the first time as its gated, but otherwise not too bad. I think it comes up now in a normal hotel search but if not here is a link http://cc.nced.com/html/oklahoma-city-lodging.asp#norman-oklahoma-hotel-room.

Doubt I'll get there before 6pm or so, but if I do, I'll try to get over to the last bit on Sunday. Hey, free parking, free admission, hard to beat that. Not sure of the entertainment, but loved the bird show last year though it was windy (welcome to Oklahoma) and one of the birds almost blew away.
I clicked "change profile" but it still looks as bad as it did before! Please fix!

Rani Zemirah

Does everyone have ideas on which days they might be able to get here for NMF?  I will be there all 3 days, but if everyone will be here for Saturday then it might be a good idea to have a meet-n-greet tailgate that morning, if there is any interest at all, anyway.  If there is, then I can start making plans pretty soon, and get the table and things ready.  It's in just over 4 weeks, now!!! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Castle Canine Creations

Greetings everyone, we will be there in our new Gypsy Wagon so remember you can bring your dogs. You can't miss the Rogues, they are always awesome.
Castle Canine Creations & Celtic Cords
Bill & Charlene
*Images and URLs not allowed in signature* - Admin

Duke of Remington

Less than 2 weeks away!! This was my first ever faire to go to last year(ended up going to 3). I am now hooked and this will kick off my plan to attend 7 ren faires this year. Huzzah!!
Your grace will not surrender to thine enemies.

Rani Zemirah

Oh, awesome!  Hope to see you there!  I'll be there every day, so perhaps we'll meet in the lanes! 

Since I haven't gotten any feedback on a morning tailgate, I guess I should just assume no one is interested in getting together for mimosas and pastries beforehand? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Duke of Remington

I will be there Friday and Sunday. Unfortunately I will be arriving around noon on both days. 
Your grace will not surrender to thine enemies.

raevyncait

I discovered last year that mornings are a bit tough for me, between finding where I was going and then getting everything ready that I need to in order to sell, etc.  Don't know where all I will end up on walkabout between shows, but I will absolutely be near the stage where The Rogues are (sorry, I've no idea right now which stage) at least 15 minutes before, and usually about that much after each show, and would love to meet any of ya'll who are around!
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

The Rabbi

Just confirmed with the fiance we will be there on Sat. Not sure about being in garb as both are in reconstruction phase have my fingers crossed though.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Rani Zemirah

Well, I'll at least be wearing my R/F pin, so if anyone spots one painted green and bronze, that's me... and it's usually worn near one shoulder or the other.  I'll keep an eye out for all of you, but since many of you don't have close-ups you may not be easy for me to find! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede