News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

MN Fairy Festival

Started by auntiegiggles, March 09, 2011, 10:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

auntiegiggles

The following message was sent via MNRF Yahoo Group.  I attended the Festival last year with Fae and her kids.  It was a good time - but it is a small festival.  I will update you when I have the exact dates, location, and better contact info.  Last year the festival was the first weekend in May. 

"Happy Spring Everyone,

I hope that you have all had a great Winter. It time for the 3rd annual Fairy Festival and I am currently looking for some entertainers to come and entertain. This is a great opportunity to try a new character, a new act, an old character that has been in the back of the closet for a few years. You get the idea. We have done some nice growing over the past few years and are eagerly anticipating this years festival. It is based on Fairy Folklore but of course not limited to just fairies.

Andre"
Everything goes better with giggles

auntiegiggles

Here is the additional info on the MN Fairy Festival:

"The Festival is going to be on May 7th this year.  The hours are 10am - 5pm.  Yes, it will be at the same location as last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B72UdkPtpo0  This is a link to our video.
www.webstarts.com/mnfairyfest  This is to our website.

We are looking for all types of entertainers from jugglers to storytellers.  We have just signed a magician and a (entertaining fortune teller)  Along with some local artists to sing."  (info is from an email sent to me for Andre)

Ferret

Location, hours ? Website didn't seem to have it.

Ferret

DeadBishop

I think the reason it didn't have many patrons the last two years is because no one has been able to find any relevant info, most importantly the location. 

R/F.com member since 2003

renfairephotog

I saw a FB post a couple weeks ago. Someone wishing there was a fest in MN. The links I had from last year didn't work so I could pass on the info. I'll try now.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

auntiegiggles

I know they eventually posted the location on their website; since Fae and I did go last year.  I will email Andre and let him know the address isn't up on the site.

@Ferret - the day and hours are May 7th from 10 to 5.

#edited 3.14

address was on the youtube video

The Silver Seed and Sanctuary
11148 Sunset Ave
Circle Pines, MN 55044

Mairte

I used to live in Circle Pines....
Sounds like fun!  :)

LadyFae

I hope it won't be as windy this time! That was CRAZY last year!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

auntiegiggles

I'm sure the vendors are thinking the same thing  ;D

Ren Jen

If you scroll though the youtube videa it has a pic about half way through with a the address. It might be easier to find if it was posted someplace else on the sight too.

saphire_glade

Oh that was fun. I am going to see what I can arrange to go back this year. Last year it was dreadfully windy, and I froze!!!!! Hopefully it is warmer and calmer. As I would love to be a street fairy again. Maybe even get a little booth, as I am working on just making some wings. Last year if I remember right there were no little fairy wings or things like that for sale... so I am hoping. Now that I have a date, maybe I will actually work harder :P
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

LadyFae

Perhaps this year parents will control their children so those little brats don't make a game out of "Hit the Bubble Fairy with plastic wands."
I was VERY surprised that no one was selling wings last year- um hello!  FAIRY FEATIVAL!!!!!  LOL!  =)  Though there were a lot of empty booths...
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

saphire_glade

oh I sincerly hope... I am not in love with being hit with things... even though it really doesn't hurt most of the time, I am sure one of these days I am going to end up with some sort of black eye....

And yeah... I was like where are the skirts and wings and headbands? It was weird.
Bubbles are pure magic... if you don't believe me watch any man, woman, or child chase a bubble down the road.

gusjodi

Sounds interesting, I really wish the website had more information.

auntiegiggles

i wish the website had more info too....

here's some pics from last year  ;D