News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone gonna be there on the 23rd?

Started by Tripletap, April 06, 2011, 09:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripletap

I am going to Arlington on the 22nd going to take a cutie pie and her son to scarby for the first time.

Harbinger

for what it's worth, I'll be around the 23rd

-H
BĂ©nigne Dauvergne Saint de Mars
Private First Class, Texas Musketeers
Rex Dolor, Malleus De Deus

Lady Kett

Awesome! You'll find plenty of us there. If you come early, the morning tailgate is entertaining. If you don't, we sometimes have an R/F Meet & Greet following the parade. Looks like we are trying to push it a smidgeon after the parade since we have some who march in it, and they need time to finish up. ETA on opening weekend is about 2 PM at or near the Dirty Duck Pub (far left as you enter the Faire). There's always a chance that will become the norm as the season progresses.

Ok that was more info that you probably cared about! :)

Gauwyn of Bracknell

M'lady, Squire Alec and I will be progressing from the Midlands.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

DonaCatalina

His Lordship and I will be there, as always on Saturdays.  ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

BagPipeBabe

Tripletap

I am coming down April 23rd from Austin, meeting a new girl there and her 2 boys, they have never been to a Ren fair, and I will not be in garb, cause that may be a little awkward.
Her oldest boy is 9 years old and huge, and plays football, I was describing it to him, and it turns out he loves dinosaurs, and animals, and got uber-excited about the museum of Mythical creatures, I have never seen it my self, so what is it basically?
Also I told him there would be jousting and he got excited about that cause "That is how King Henry the II died!!!" his words, kinda cool that kid knew anything about any kings.
Anyone else gonna be there on the 23rd?
I hope to meet you all, I need to buy a belt and a Rapier frog, or baldric while there.
What time do yall start the tailgate?

DonaCatalina

Well, the tailgate starts at 8:00 and ends about 9:30 when everyone packs up and heads for the gate. Row 11, I'm sure you'll recognize someone. For opening there was such a crowd that It was hard to see everyone. But by the 23rd that will have thinned down somewhat.
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Kett

We went to the Mythical Monster Museum last year but didn't go last weekend so not sure if it's been updated or changed. It's a walk through sort of museum exhibit with pictures and descriptions of various types of creatures. Like fairies, gnomes, sprites, etc. The descriptions will help you with the differences between them and describes their characteristics. There are then various and sundry monster bits - claws, wings, skeletons, etc. We thought it was a nice exhibit and worth the price of admission. If you go this year, report back on it!

Hercules

Actually I/we plan on being there both the 23rd and 24th. We usually don't do much on Easter weekend.
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

angusmacinnes

I will be there both days and hopefully will not miss tailgate again either.  Was just too tired opening day to make that. LMAO
There are many places where compromise is expected;
LOYALTY is not amongst them.

Your Grace

We will be there on the 23rd I don't know about 24th yet.
1st Duke of Somerset

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We will be there that weekend - will anyone be hiding easter eggs at the tailgate?   :D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on April 12, 2011, 11:25:45 AM
We will be there that weekend - will anyone be hiding easter eggs at the tailgate?   :D

I suppose I can hide a few..... depends on where you want me to hide them. ;)
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Lady Kett said she dropped her necklace opening day.  She had a couple of us searching high and low for it. I'll leave it to her to tell you whether or not she was hoping one of us would actually find it...  ::) :o
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...