News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Do the cast play up the fact that their characters are related?

Started by DonaCatalina, April 15, 2011, 03:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Henry VII's Court was populated with his cousins, some distant, some not.
Catherine of Aragon was descended, on her maternal side, from the English royal house as her great-grandmother Catherine of Lancaster, after whom she was named, and her great-great-grandmother Philippa of Lancaster, were both daughters of John of Gaunt and granddaughters of Edward III of England. Consequently she was third cousin of her father-in-law, Henry VII, and fourth cousin of her mother-in-law Elizabeth of York.

Henry Courtenay, 1st Marquess of Exeter, KG, PC (c. 1496 – 9 January 1539) was the eldest son of William Courtenay, 1st Earl of Devon and Catherine of York. His maternal grandparents were Edward IV of England and Elizabeth Woodville.

He was an older brother of Margaret Courtenay. Their maternal first cousins included among others Arthur, Prince of Wales, Margaret, queen consort of Scotland, Henry VIII of England, Elizabeth Tudor, Mary, queen consort of France, Edmund Tudor, Duke of Somerset and Katherine Tudor, Princess of England.

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Baron Dacre

It depends on the actor/cast.

For example:
There is a woman who plays Magdelen Dacre, Viscountess Montegu on our cast.

She is descended from my Grandmother's uncle. I call her cousin.

Since this is barely the second weekend (upcoming), I have not really had a chance to work with her as of yet.
Gregory Fiennes
10th Baron Dacre of the South
(Baron Dacre)