News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help with bits?

Started by CapnJack, April 29, 2011, 12:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Widget

funny thinks happen when you tell fairies that you dont believe in them... just a suggestion hehehe

Francisco Paula

so are we talking captain hook or captain jack

CapnJack

Quote from: LadyAriella on June 21, 2011, 03:04:44 PM
A certain unicorn girl keeps trying to have pirate lessons with you, but you're much too popular! =P

Heh, too true.  But hey!  Pirate lessons sound great!  Any time you want to bug me about that, let me know!  I could use an excuse to stop taking pictures for a few minutes and actually DO something.  I'm getting really tired of being a photo-op, not a character.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: CapnJack on June 27, 2011, 08:02:44 PM
A certain unicorn girl keeps trying to have pirate lessons with you, but you're much too popular! =P

Heh, too true.  But hey!  Pirate lessons sound great!  Any time you want to bug me about that, let me know!  I could use an excuse to stop taking pictures for a few minutes and actually DO something.  I'm getting really tired of being a photo-op, not a character.

Had the great pleasure of watching this scoundrel lead My and several other kiddlings on a treasure hunt this weekend that was complete with map & treasure and was effin brilliant! :o    Jack, you are the bombdiggidy. just sayin.   ;)
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Zoë

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Mistress Charlotte

Quote from: CapnJack on June 27, 2011, 08:02:44 PM

All conversations with you are in 5 word intervals!......  That's OK though.
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

CapnJack

Sad but true.

And thanks for the props, Rich!  Since you were the only one on here who actually saw the treasure hunt, do you have an constructive criticism?  I'm completely open, and I really want to make it even better for next time.
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: CapnJack on June 28, 2011, 07:22:03 PM
Sad but true.

And thanks for the props, Rich!  Since you were the only one on here who actually saw the treasure hunt, do you have an constructive criticism?  I'm completely open, and I really want to make it even better for next time.

LOL! yeah.  next time i should watch and not try to help.
no critique. it was perfect.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Adriana Rose

aww man I wish that we knew that you were doing that my kiddo would have had a blast.

CapnJack

Well, I fully intend to do it much more often this weekend, since it's ankle-biter weekend, haha.

Basically how it works is that I hide my treasure chest somewhere (so far I've been hiding it just inside the green door back at Games, above the Water Wheel), then I use my map to have the kids try and figure out where the treasure is.  It works best this way since that's the basic area where I put the big "X" on the map.  But I could ultimately do a similar hunt just using the compass and leaving the map out altogether.  This would allow me to do it in other areas of the shire.

-Mark Twain

LadyAriella

Captain, did you find your giant X to use? Sounds pretty fabulous.

Norfolk

Quote from: CapnJack on June 30, 2011, 02:16:05 PM
Well, I fully intend to do it much more often this weekend, since it's ankle-biter weekend, haha.

Basically how it works is that I hide my treasure chest somewhere, then I use my map to have the kids try and figure out where the treasure is... where I put the big "X" on the map. 

Brilliant, Cap'n, simply brilliant!  Good on ya, mate!
Just call me "Your Grace"