News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Getting There From NYC?

Started by balletboot, May 05, 2011, 06:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

balletboot

Without a car...impossible?
Are there any carpools that go up from the city?
I was really looking forward to trying out this faire, but it's looking a bit difficult.

Xantrawler

Only solution I can offer is bus. But, then how do you get to the faire its self. While I can vouch for a number of people who go there getting a ride from strangers you don't know is not a good idea in this day and age. I hope you can come up with a way and if you do look us all up. We are all great people. Just watch out for Irish and Captain Amy, they will corrupt you. lol

irish

I would suggest having a trusted friend come with you to faire, if a parent is not available. It is a long ride from where you are and it may require an overnight stay.
Sterling is a great faire to visit, but please be safe when finding a ride to it.
If you are able to come to Sterling, let me know. I would be more than happy to meet you!  :)
irish

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Ozium

Hello there Boots, i sent an email off to someone at the faire office asking if they are aware of any bus trips from the NYC
area, so lets see what happens and i will let you know.

You could get to Syracuse or even Oswego which is 10 mins from the faire by train and or bus fairly easily, the
tough part is getting from Syracuse or even Oswego to the faire site. The Faire site of kind of off the beaten
path and there is no bus or train service that goes near the faire. There have been bus trips that either
come from Albany or Binghamton in the past but they usualy get there after the opening and leave before
the final pub sing of the day, which i would say you would want to be a part of. Maybe a travel agency
would be able to find some info on a trip up here.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

Hey Ozium.....
You know, shuttle service to faire, would be so cool!
Maybe do 45 min. intervals.
Would save on gas and parking problems on the busy days.
People who may bus in from Syracuse to Oswego, could get to faire without any problems.
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

balletboot

I know getting up to Syracuse is fairly easy with public transport. But that's where the tricky part comes in, as others have said. But yes, busing from even Syracuse would be amazingly helpful.

Xantrawler

What would be neater than the shuttle bus would be carriage rides to the gates. Pricey, but I would do it once or twice a season. Perhaps even a ride with the Queen. (Sir Douglas, hint, hint.)

Ozium

I doubt that would happen or i might even go for it, Seems as though there should be some
special bus run from syracuse to the faire, but i have found none. Hopefully i will get a rundown
from the office tommorow.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Lady Amy of York

Gee, we call all pitch in, buy a  bus, and offer shuttle  service  to the faire before the gate opens, and back to syracuse  after the faire.
  Ozium and Xantrawler could take turns  driving and  Irish and I  will provide  the entertainment. LOL ! ;D ;D

Seriously though, like everyone else has said getting to Syracuse is no problem , it is getting from Syracuse to Sterling.
  You would have to find  either a shuttle bus or  taxi that would take you  from Syracuse to Oswego, and then once at Oswego , get a taxi to take you to Sterling.

Good luck. I hope  something works out  for you.

And Xantrawler..what do you mean watch out for  Captain Amy  and  Irish ??   Why we are angels.  It's  the men you have  to look out for ! ;D ;D
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Ozium

Well Xan goes the wrong direction, I am actualy closer and i thought even of offering a ride from the train station
to Weedsport where there is a motel. Then pick Boots up on the way to faire and back at the end of the day.

We can do that too if you decide to Boots. I have not come up with anything more, other than a taxi like
Amy suggested. That way atleast you would be able to spend the full day or days at faire possibly.

Just something for you to think about.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

Amy: Ozium and Xantrawler could take turns  driving and  Irish and I  will provide  the entertainment. LOL !
irish: Hang on there! I don't do those stripper poles...LMAO!

Doesn't Centro bus go to Oswego? Check on that. It runs out of Syracuse.
And if you can get to Oswego, there are some nice hotels to stay at. You definitely would like to rest up before your return to NYC. (I will find you the info, offline ren mail, if you want.)
Now, if you do get to Oswego and get a room, you will get a ride to faire I am sure. A lot of people go through Oswego and I am sure, would help you out. I come to faire wayyyyyyy on the other side.
Now there are a few busy dates in Oswego with the Harbor Fest. Would be hard to find a room during that time. Will find that info for you, too.
Hope you do get a chance to come. We are a greatttttttttttttt (Tony Tiger impression), group of people.  ;D

irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Ozium

Seems like someplace in oswego would be running a shuttle to Sterling, If not may be
a good thing for them to do. May draw some more nights for them.

And yes Centro has busses to Oswego.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Lady Amy of York

Quote from: irish on May 22, 2011, 06:20:32 PM
Amy: Ozium and Xantrawler could take turns  driving and  Irish and I  will provide  the entertainment. LOL !
irish: Hang on there! I don't do those stripper poles...LMAO!

Ah gee, and here I thought we  could take our act to Vegas ! LMAO !!! ;D ;D
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling