News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Isabelle de Borchgrave

Started by DonaCatalina, May 18, 2011, 10:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Auryn

Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

arbcoind

Wow!  She is extremely talented.  Thanks for posting, Dona.

Gina

Lady Kett

Lady Rebecca

I saw the exhibit last week. I sooo wish pictures would have been allowed, since it was a really amazing exhibit. They had it divided up into different themes rooms - the best ones in my opinion were the Medici room, and the "white room," where she had made gowns from the mid 18th c up through the 1950s, all in shades of white, so you could see all the detail without colors getting in the way. And I loved all the historical costumes, too, which were in a 3rd room. If anyone is anywhere near SF, I highly recommend checking it out.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Amy of York

Wow ! What talent. That would be awesome to be able  to see in person.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

operafantomet

She published a book some years ago, called "Paper Illusions", with the paper clothes exhibited. It's highly recommended.

http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Illusions-Art-Isabelle-Borchgrave/dp/081097133X

Lady Nicolette

Really wonderful stuff.  I had a friend who did similar work using cardboard and truly razor-sharp knives, she did more conventional framed pieces of art, but three dimensional, such as a wolf jumping out of the frame at you, etc.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine