News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please...

Started by Just Randall, June 16, 2011, 10:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Randall

Be it known to one and all... that Captain Fletcher is dead. My contract with TRF was not renewed, and I have decided to put the character to rest.

That is all.

(the photo will remain for the time being, until everyone gets used to the new forum name.Which I may change again.)
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

LadyJessica

Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Rani Zemirah

I'm terribly sorry to hear this.  I know how much work you put into the good Captain, and I know he will be missed by ever so many...  :(

This does, however (of course), beg the question... does this mean you will be free to come and play with us in the campgrounds this season?!?  I do sincerely hope you will be attending at some point! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DonaCatalina

WE'll miss the good captain. But I can't wait to see what you come up with.  :-*
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

LadyShadow

I'm sad to hear the good Captain will not be there.  :'(

May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Tipsy Gypsy

That sucks, blows, bites, and every other unpleasant and descriptive verb I can think of.

But like I said on FB, you're like a cat- you WILL land on your feet. (So shake it off with dignity, and walk away with your tail in the air. )
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Tipsy Gypsy on June 17, 2011, 07:18:16 AM
That sucks, blows, bites, and every other unpleasant and descriptive verb I can think of.

But like I said on FB, you're like a cat- you WILL land on your feet. (So shake it off with dignity, and walk away with your tail in the air. )

*and spray something as you go!*  :D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Breandan

son of a... okay, I was maintaining a wait-and-see attitude towards TRF, but this definitely skews my opinion of these new "changes" deep into hostile territory. I'm wondering how many of the key, core people who have been staples of faire remain at this point?
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Trillium

WOW!  Poor Capt. Fletcher will be deeply mourned....

And how the heck am I supposed to recognize you out of uniform?!?!?!?
Got faerie dust?

Zaubon

Quote from: Trillium on June 17, 2011, 12:16:14 PM
WOW!  Poor Capt. Fletcher will be deeply mourned....

And how the heck am I supposed to recognize you out of uniform?!?!?!?

I've learned to recognize him out of uniform, but I failed at recognizing him clean shaven.  :'(

KeeperoftheBar

Alas, the Captain is gone.

However, on the bright side, now I can buy you a drink in appreciation of all the joy you have brought me over the last (mumble mumble) years.
Find me & StudMuffin and we shall retire to the nearest pub and celebrate your re-birth.
Only problem is that I shall have to have Zaubon point you out as I will never find you without the uniform OR clean shaven.

Good Luck My Friend.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Sir Martin

Capt. Fletcher was a class act because you are a class act, Randy.  I will miss the Captain's presence, but wish you the best and look foward to your next incarnation.

MrHyde

I wonder what other changes in the cast and the operation of the fair we can expect at Texas Renaissance Festival 2011? 
Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

Just Randall

Quote from: DonaCatalina on June 17, 2011, 05:21:37 AM
WE'll miss the good captain. But I can't wait to see what you come up with.  :-*

Be afraid. Be VERY afraid. :-X
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...