News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for old friends

Started by Maus, June 19, 2011, 06:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maus

Way WAY back in the late 80s and early 90s, we'd visit the NYRF once or twice a season. It was lovely, and a lot of fun. So much bigger than our own PA Renn Faire. We met some great friends, too... but only knew them by the names they used for faire.

Among them were Cyran, Toad, and Firebow. There were other folks too, whose names regretfully have been lost in the mists of aging memory. But we've gotten to thinking of those friends and wondered if anyone out there knew/knows them. Frankly, we never saw them apart from at the NYRF, so this is pretty much our only shot.

We may just return this year, too... and bring our daughter! She's NEVER been to this faire, and it'd be a blast to show her around, I think.

laedyfaire

sorry, can't help you out..but I hope you find the folks you are looking for...come on over, anyway! You'll have a wondrous time...although I am sure you will find many once empty spots, now having either a stage or booth upon it. LF

Maus

Thank you, laedy. We may very well go to the faire next month... and were wondering how much different the place will look.

Maus

I'm just bumping this up, hoping someone knew/knows these old friends.

robin35051

I do not know these people, however, there is a Yahoo Group! called "NYRF_Rennies".  You may want to go out to that site and post your enquiry.  They may either be members of the site, or someone there may know them.  Good Luck!

Maus

Done, and many thanks! With luck, we'll have some success.