News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

An observation

Started by Merlin, July 03, 2011, 07:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Hello Colorodians... Coloradians.... People from Colorado !

The name is Merlin and I hail from Texas.... Scarborough being my home fair and this is my family's first trip to the state of Colorado.

First...about the state.... absolutely beautiful. We fell in love with downtown Castle Rock. Clean...beautiful...wonderful people.

Second...the faire.
TOP NOTCH ! ! You guys have a wonderful fair! We we were impressed as soon as we entered the gates. The shops were very nice...the people were fantastic! We got to see some shows that were new to us...met the cast and just had the best time here !
Kudos to all the regs here..... very nice! We were impressed.

I have been searching world wide for my retirement place.... Costa Rica...Belize... North Carolina.. Florida... and I have to say that the new front runner is Colorado!

Thanks for the hospitality.....the friendliness... the warmth and the beauty. Colorado ROCKS ! !

We will be back !

Anyone know a good realtor in the area?
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Nighthawk

While I don't know any realtors, I have to say that I agree with you. I'm native, lived here my whole life, have traveled far and wide, and while the rest of the world is a nice place to visit, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Glad you loved it so much. If you're not planning on heading back to Texas soon, my family would love for you to join us in Green Valley Ranch for a concert on the green, followed by a fireworks show. PM me if you need plans for tomorrow night! Oh, and that goes for ANYONE reading this thread!!

Merlin

I wish we had planned more time here...sadly...we fly out tomorrow and I have to return to "work" on Tuesday.

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Nighthawk

Quote from: Merlin on July 03, 2011, 10:36:58 PM
I wish we had planned more time here...sadly...we fly out tomorrow and I have to return to "work" on Tuesday.

Bummer!! Maybe next year you'll correct that mistake when you come back.  8)

Bahlien

http://www.realtor.com/ check this site out here. You can find a myriad of housing and there are a number of realtors attached to all of the houses. Site stays up to date more than most other sites I've seen.  Has a fairly decent search/filter system. I'm sure you might be able to find something that suits you.  A few of my friends have gotten homes/condo's through there, so good luck, if you're serious! 

Glad to hear you enjoyed Larkspurshire, and its neighboring town!
"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."

Earl of Surrey

Greetings Merlin, from the Earl and Countess of Surrey,

We continue to be concerned about your use of that fan.  Not yet convinced you were just holding it for someone.  After all, you were wearing a skirt.
--The Paris Hilton of the 16th Century--

The Earl and Countess of Surrey  (off with my head, on January 19, 1547)

Zoë

It was excellent to meet you and your clan! And I'm glad you had such a fantastic time. I wish I'd had more of a chance to visit with the out-of-towners, but perhaps at a later date. Safe travels home!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Adriana Rose

It was very nice meeting you! I am sorry it was such a brisk greeting we were very busy that day.

Lady Spicer

Merlin,

My father lives about an hour from Colorado Springs and believes we should move out there too.  Beautiful thoughts, but not sure if I am ready for uprooting!

Best of luck on your search and potential move...
Lady "Cinnamon" Spicer
Baroness of Worchester
Kimberly Grandprey
MN Renaissance Court

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Lady Spicer on July 05, 2011, 05:17:05 PM
Merlin,

My father lives about an hour from Colorado Springs and believes we should move out there too.  Beautiful thoughts, but not sure if I am ready for uprooting!

Best of luck on your search and potential move...

Where by chance does your father live?
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We have a 5 year plan, but may move it up.

We are currently in Salida for a day, to the sand dunes and then North to RMNP.

We love it here.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Funny thing... Fort Collins/Loveland is rated once again in the top 5 towns/cities to live at in the nation. Seems we have that honor now about 10 years running. To constantly be in the top 10 or even 50 is a huge honor considering all of the places to live at in this country of ours.

I know Toki loves it here. He moved to Colorado from Corpus Christi in 89 and then to Loveland 4 years ago to live with me. We are less than 10 minutes from hiking, and 45 from RMNP. 45 minutes from Denver and Boulder and 1 hour from the best pizza in the area in believe it or not Cheyenne. They send their chefs to Italy to learn the Italian methods.

So maybe we will see you all in the future. OH and the weather... it's not as bad as we make it out to be. That is to scare of the unwanteds :)
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Merlin on July 03, 2011, 07:08:30 PM

The name is Merlin and I hail from Texas.... Scarborough being my home fair and this is my family's first trip to the state of Colorado.

I have been searching world wide for my retirement place.... Costa Rica...Belize... North Carolina.. Florida... and I have to say that the new front runner is Colorado!

Merlin my friend.
As I am a Texan by choice, not by birth, I beg you not to do anything rash.  Colorado is indeed a beautiful place but the winters may be more than you are ready for.  Before buying, I suggest you rent and live a winter or two there to see if the cold is tolerable.  I was in Montana for 28 years before I decided it would be nice to be warm and came south.  I do not know how many people have visited the north, fell in love with the area, moved in and left after the first winter.  On going below zero temps do that sometimes.   If the winter is your favorite season and snow always looks good to you, then by all means move there and enjoy.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Merlin on July 03, 2011, 07:08:30 PM

First...about the state.... absolutely beautiful. We fell in love with downtown Castle Rock. Clean...beautiful...wonderful people.

Second...the faire.
TOP NOTCH ! ! You guys have a wonderful fair! We we were impressed as soon as we entered the gates. The shops were very nice...the people were fantastic! We got to see some shows that were new to us...met the cast and just had the best time here !
Kudos to all the regs here..... very nice! We were impressed.

Thanks for the hospitality.....the friendliness... the warmth and the beauty. Colorado ROCKS ! !

We will be back !

So now you understand what I've been on about for the last few years, eh?  It really IS the most wonderful place I've ever lived... and I'm determined to get us back there as soon as I possibly can! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady de Laney on July 05, 2011, 08:48:49 PM
Funny thing... Fort Collins/Loveland is rated once again in the top 5 towns/cities to live at in the nation. Seems we have that honor now about 10 years running. To constantly be in the top 10 or even 50 is a huge honor considering all of the places to live at in this country of ours.

I know Toki loves it here. He moved to Colorado from Corpus Christi in 89 and then to Loveland 4 years ago to live with me. We are less than 10 minutes from hiking, and 45 from RMNP. 45 minutes from Denver and Boulder and 1 hour from the best pizza in the area in believe it or not Cheyenne. They send their chefs to Italy to learn the Italian methods.

So maybe we will see you all in the future. OH and the weather... it's not as bad as we make it out to be. That is to scare of the unwanteds :)

Actually, your area is a strong possibility for us.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell