News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fantasy costumes

Started by Laureli, September 03, 2011, 08:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laureli

Hello, everyone.

I've been going to the PA Ren Faire almost every year from childhood but have never gone in costume. This year, I decided to make one. I'm not one for gowns, so I decided to go more fantasy with an Amazon-like warrior costume. I know that some faires are more laid back than others, but can I expect to enjoy myself without receiving too many scowls from the die hards? What is the general attitude towards fantasy characters at the PARF?

Thanks for any info.

BubbleWright

Hello Laureli-

I don't think you have to worry about a fantasy costume at PARF given the large number of faeries, wizards, elves, 17th century pirates, 12th century knights, fantasy armor warriors, occasional Klingons and what have you that come to a Faire set in Elizabethan times. The opening day there was a gorilla in armor ???. As long as it is tasteful and family rated you should have no problems.

"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Alaric

Bubblewright is right. I think as many people dress fantasy as those that go for historical accuracy.

I actually tend to remember the fantasy clad people more than the HA folks. So colorful and fun!

medievalmagic85

It is very relaxed at PRF. I've seen everything from harry potter to zelda around faire. It is more fun to allow the kids to have fun. Especially at that age. Enjoy the faire!
-Tavia
"Shamrock"
Member of the Wenches Guild--Mount Hope Musettes
Owner of Woven Cords