News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

SNS makes the trip to MiRF - Advice needed!

Started by StareNorthSteve, September 06, 2011, 10:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StareNorthSteve

Good morrow Michigan folk! As a first-time visitor to MiRF, any advice on traffic, parking, buying tickets, etc?  The reason I ask....at ORF, you can buy tickets online, print them out and save yourself a 15-20 minute wait in line to buy tickets at the box office.

NOTE: wont arrive until 11:30am. Any time-saving advice would be most welcome.

Grammercy
sns

Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Celtic Lady

You can do the click and print tickets for MiRF as well. Arriving that late be prepared to hoof it. It is "orange barrel season" in Michigan (as usual). I will have to check with friends about the travel conditions myself as I come from out of town as well. Have lots of fun, take lots of photos, and eat, drink, and be merry.

StareNorthSteve

Thanks for the tip. I missed the online purchase on the website.
Would you happen to know if this service allows you to print your own tickets or if they ship them to you?

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Carl

Steve good to see a fellow castleteer coming up to Michigan. Getting to the faire at 1130 you will be parked a good walk from the gate unless the weather is crappy. The Guiness pub is the central hang out it is the pub by the castle near the back of the faire and about half way from end to end.( there is also a little guiness pub). When there ask for the Dutchman you can't miss him. Tell him you are looking for a well dressed castleteer !! There is great music at the pub and at all the other numerous pubs also Owain Phyfe has his own stage. We will see you there
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Celtic Lady

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on September 07, 2011, 06:59:20 AM
Would you happen to know if this service allows you to print your own tickets or if they ship them to you?

sns

You should be able to print the off of your computer.

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: Carl and Donna on September 07, 2011, 04:54:22 PM
Steve good to see a fellow castleteer coming up to Michigan. Getting to the faire at 1130 you will be parked a good walk from the gate unless the weather is crappy. The Guiness pub is the central hang out it is the pub by the castle near the back of the faire and about half way from end to end.( there is also a little guiness pub). When there ask for the Dutchman you can't miss him. Tell him you are looking for a well dressed castleteer !! There is great music at the pub and at all the other numerous pubs also Owain Phyfe has his own stage. We will see you there

Hi Carl! I'm really glad to "finally" be making the trip. Thanks for the tips. Once we get around to the shops, we'll be parking at the Guinness pub.

I've have meet the Dutchman before. Is it safe to assume to YOU are the well dressed Castleteer and you will be there on Saturday?

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: Celtic Lady on September 07, 2011, 11:13:11 PM
Quote from: StareNorthSteve on September 07, 2011, 06:59:20 AM

sns
You should be able to print the off of your computer.

Grammercy Celtic Lady!
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale