News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Sept 34/25

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, September 19, 2011, 06:55:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Who will be progressing this coming weekend?

The Earl and Countess of Bracknell (by way of Iowa) shall be there, along with the Baron and Baroness von Schaumburg of Germany (by way of Colorado) and Lord Islay and his lovely lady Joanna from Scotland (by way of Rochester).

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Pomponne l'Honnete of Calais (by way of Lee's Summit), and his son, Michel l'Honnete the Cordwainer of Canterbury (by way of Rolla).  The show starts at 0945, so what time do we want to meet in the parking lot?  0900?

Delireus

I'll be there with my boyfriend and our good friend on the 24th. I may want to get there before it opens but they don't! So we will be getting there at 10 :P I have to beg them to get there at that time as it is! But they usually agree to stay the entire time. I'm excited!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on September 19, 2011, 09:00:21 PM
Pomponne l'Honnete of Calais (by way of Lee's Summit), and his son, Michel l'Honnete the Cordwainer of Canterbury (by way of Rolla).  The show starts at 0945, so what time do we want to meet in the parking lot?  0900?

Yes, 0900 would be good - outside the main gate? (not the north (??) gate, where we went to your car last year).  Does the gate open at any certain time?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Yes, the main gate.  I'm not sure if there is a time when they open the parking gate, but I don't think 0900 is out of the question.  They start the parking to the right of the gate (as you're looking at the entrance) just behind the trees.  I usually get there around 0930, and park in the first or second row of parking.  If we get there at 0900, I'm certain we'll be in the first row!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on September 20, 2011, 01:29:16 PM
Yes, the main gate.  I'm not sure if there is a time when they open the parking gate, but I don't think 0900 is out of the question.  They start the parking to the right of the gate (as you're looking at the entrance) just behind the trees.  I usually get there around 0930, and park in the first or second row of parking.  If we get there at 0900, I'm certain we'll be in the first row!

it usually takes us a half hour or so to finish dressing and a bit o' time to socialize :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Yes, yes, the socializing lamp will be lighted!  I will probably bring some snacks and beverages.  So, plan on 0900. 

Oh, by the way, I will be going to out Feast of Fooles on Saturday.  Shoot me a message if anyone is interested and I can discuss this further.

Missy

We (Missy, the Privateer (Chaz) Keahn, My Mom, and A Newbie to KC will be traveling this weekend as well. Will be staying in the same location as many I hear. Looking forward to a faire weekend without having to work!!! All play for us!

Butch

Don't forget:  Tomorrow, Saturday, 24 Sep 2011.  Be at the Shadowgate Downs at 1230 for a group photo!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Missy on September 21, 2011, 07:17:16 PM
We (Missy, the Privateer (Chaz) Keahn, My Mom, and A Newbie to KC will be traveling this weekend as well. Will be staying in the same location as many I hear. Looking forward to a faire weekend without having to work!!! All play for us!

And where are you staying?  We are at the "inn"
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Had a GREAT time both days!  Saw the Earl and Countess of Bracknell, the Baron and Baroness von Schaumburg of Germany, Lord Islay and Lady Joanna of Scotland, the other three from Colorado (whom I sat beside during the Smoker, but STILL MANAGED TO LET THEIR NAMES SLIP AWAY!**Missy, Chaz, and...?), and Tamtaro!  Did not see Delirious (but Tamtaro did!).  STILL have not seen Gem!  Lord and Lady Gauwyn of Bracknell had fun on Saturday lodging a complaint against my son, the cordwainer of Canterbury (luckily, it was captured for posterity and will hopefully be on YouTube!).  Went to the Feast of Fooles, and kinda missed the murder mystery format.  Went to the Smoker, and thought it was a bit too bawdy (I guess when you get down to it, I must be more modest than I let on!).  So much fun seeing everyone!  You are all welcome back at any time!

Hey, maybe Gem, Tamtaro and I should collaberate and put in a bid to have the KCRF be considered for RenDezVous, eh?  (This is just me speaking without consulting anyone.  Please do not take this for a serious bid!)

Delireus

Quote from: Butch on September 25, 2011, 06:28:43 PM
Did not see Delirious (but Tamtaro did!).

She DID?? I did not see anyone and I even looked for a blue fuzzy hat and I was at what I thought was the right meeting place :( I have been terribly sick and I assure you, I was very much dopped up on Saturday. My sinuses were killing me and I was so foggy. People would say things to me and I'd smile and nod my head and say how good it was to see them. But, if you saw the person below, you probably saw me! I was with her the entire day.

she was a wolf pirate. That was taken immediately to the right of of the gate that said Shadowgate. Was that not the right spot? :( Sorry again guys! But, it was still a very fun day 
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

Butch

Yes!  I DID see you!  Didn't know you were suited all the way up!  We saw 2 Satyrs, and I went up to them and said something like "Glad to see you furries made it!"  and they just smiled and gravitated away from us.  They were wearing the furry legs, but sneakers.

You were right to look for the blue furry hat; most people can pick it out pretty readily.  I know I passed by you several times.  Those helmets really narrow your vision.  I know I will see you again someday!  I look forward to meeting you in person.

We did have the photo op on Saturday at the Shadowgate Downs, right by the entrance.  It was about 1240, right after the parade passed.  We also did another group photo at the Maypole this morning, about 1015.

Coch

And I fine looking group you were.
Rhys Coch

Delireus

Hah! Thank you for taking our picture, Coch! And Butch, I was not the fursuiter, I am the girl in Coch's photo, along with my boyfriend and our good friend, who is in the fur suit! It was her first time wearing it and she had so much fun. It was also her first one she's ever made and it is simply amazing.

Like I said, I'm very sorry I missed everything but I'm sure you all had a great time (how could you not, it was such a lovely day). And yes, next time I will be more diligent in finding you all!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is