News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

CONvergence

Started by groomporter, June 19, 2008, 06:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lady serena

Nice pictures Groomporter!
Guppy # 81
Fins up

groomporter

Thanks! more later I'm just finishing a cup of coffee in the room before hitting some seminars. Big parties are tonight so I'll be posting pics on my Photobucket account for people to browse through.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

groomporter

Great time at CONvergence but there didn't seem to be as many phenomenal costumes as past years, but being the tenth anniversary the wasn't a set theme either, it was just "lets recap the last ten years of the event" There was another "airship crew" the HMA Badger there besides ours, and they were running a little LARP mystery game, but I was too busy catching up with old friends to play. From Renfairs musical acts included The Dregs, Reve du Faun, Three Pints Gone,

The wife and I Saturday evening:

Pics of our crew and a couple miscellaneous costumes
http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b160/Groomporter/CONvergence2008/

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Just arrived home from CONVergence.

What a greart time!!  Wonderful panels, great room parties, met new froends and met with the familiar ones. Already registered for next year.

The Masqurade was overall, lame. Only two peformances in the MAster categhory stood out and both won awards..."Sweenwey Todd" and "The Last Dance"  Both costumers are firends of mine.

Seeing Peter Mayhew"Chew Bacca" was cool. The Literary Oscar Wilde discussion was terrific.

All in all, a great weekend. Sorry I missed anyone.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Morwen Twilight

I saw some of your people wondering around the Con and wondered if they were with you. And I'm pretty sure I saw you at some point in the halls, though at the time I didn't realize it was you and so didn't stop and say hi. I know I saw the sporan at any rate. I didn't take my camera and so am hoping to get some shots from others soon.

Morwen.
Hair weaving pirate wench
Quartermistress of the Vicious Vixen

Welcome to the Feudal System, where your count votes

groomporter

Ethel

Quote from: Lady Kathleen of Olmsted on July 06, 2008, 04:34:46 PM
The Masqurade was overall, lame. Only two peformances in the MAster categhory stood out and both won awards..."Sweenwey Todd" and "The Last Dance"  Both costumers are firends of mine.

:(  I thought ours was really fun, and we won an award, too.  The entry was a meta-joke on many levels.

groomporter

I went to the website to see if there were any picture galleries posted yet, but it looks like the site is in the process of being rebuilt. It also said next year's theme is "A Celebration of the funny side of science fiction and fantasy"

Morwen Twilight

If you have a FaceBook account, there is a community group for CONvergence that has some pics posted, about 400 as of earlier today.
Hair weaving pirate wench
Quartermistress of the Vicious Vixen

Welcome to the Feudal System, where your count votes

Random Girl

I agree with you that the masquarade was lame.  I'd never seen it before and I had higher expectations I guess.

I went to high school with the kid who did Sweeney Todd...I can't stand him but he did a pretty decent job of it.

and Ethel...yours was magical!
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun