News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

At the campgrounds.....

Started by SolRac, October 07, 2011, 11:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Octavius

So I am thinking of being the electric DrunkMonks this year and use lights to light up our area.  What did everyone else do this past weekend with no fires?

I hate generators but will bend for this year.
In the privy with an open door policy.
Former Arnulf surveyor of lands both near and far.

SirRichardBear

Quote from: Glaodian on October 10, 2011, 09:27:53 AM
Quote from: SirRichardBear on October 09, 2011, 05:15:45 PM
I had to talk to some kids behind my camp they were standing around drinking and smoking and just throwing the butts on the ground not even field dressing them or rubbing them out.  I said you know there is a $2000 fine for smoking outside the smoking areas with the five of you that is $10,000 and in case you haven't seen them the firetruck or Police ATV come by about every 20 minutes or so.  But hey its your choice if 10 grand doesn't mean anything to you go ahead and continue smoking.  I guess it worked they asked were the smoking section was and wondered over to it.

You handled that issue perfectly.  I just hope the kids showed some respect when they asked where the smoking area was.
Pretty much so said they hadn't been in a couple of years didn't know there was new rules and did I know were the smoking sections were.   I explain that were was a fire ban and how close it had come to faire,  Told them to go down to the bondfire area it was one of the smoking section and beside that we were everyone was parting.  off they went and didn't see them till morning well I saw feet sticking outside the tent figured it must be them.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

sloth

Quote from: Brother Octavius on October 10, 2011, 02:55:00 PM
So I am thinking of being the electric DrunkMonks this year and use lights to light up our area.  What did everyone else do this past weekend with no fires?

we had solar powered tiki torches, these circular LED lights from walmart that were battery operated, and LED solar powered christmas lights in multi, orange, and purple.  even with all that, we really didn't have much light to see.  the christmas lights helped a lot in locating our camp after walkabouts though.

SirRichardBear

Quote from: Brother Octavius on October 10, 2011, 02:55:00 PM

my solar torchs worked well only stayed on about an hour friday night but Sat having time to charged all day they were still on when I turned in around 3:30.   going to replace the pvc with MEC before AHE
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Taylor Blu

I have not read anything about the unwanted tweeking asshats.  Were they afraid to get wet?

crashbot

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices. - Voltaire

sloth

oh, there were still asshats around, just a different variety.  we watched a bunch go "mudding" around the campgrounds sunday midday.  it was incredibly unsafe and i was worried they would spin out into tents with how reckless and close they were driving.  it was very fulfilling to see them get stuck in the mud and stupidly rev their engine until the truck started smoking.

Tink

wow, I'm surprised no one stopped them!  They could have hurt a lot of people doing that...
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Merlin the Elder

Not only that, but it makes the problem with mud-holes even worse for the next time.  What would have been fun is taking out their tires with my 03A3... 110 gr JHP up around 3200-3300 fps... the tires would have disintegrated...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

raevyncait

where we were (row 20, G-H ish) was not nearly as full as it usually is, and it seemed that the ones who didn't show were the really obnoxious ones who stumble through other people's camps at all hours, and play their techno crap full blast all night long.  It seemed to me that the campgrounds were about 1/4-1/3 empty, compared to other years, but that could be just the areas I saw, and honestly, if it wasn't between our area and family camping (where I went to visit friends who camp there) or on the main drag between our area and the gate, I didn't see it, because I didn't do my usual camp crawl.
Raevyn
IWG 3450
The ORIGINAL Pipe Wench
Wench @ Large #2
Resident Scottish Gypsy
Royal Aromatherapist

DonaCatalina

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 11, 2011, 05:50:41 AM
Not only that, but it makes the problem with mud-holes even worse for the next time.  What would have been fun is taking out their tires with my 03A3... 110 gr JHP up around 3200-3300 fps... the tires would have disintegrated...
....and probably the rims as well.  ;)
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: DonaCatalina on October 11, 2011, 08:58:15 AM
Quote from: Merlin the Elder on October 11, 2011, 05:50:41 AM
....and probably the rims as well.  ;)

OOOH! AAH!     :D

Nina

Has anyone heard about what happened opening weekend with the two drugged out ravers that were hauled off via ambulance/police  around midnight Saturday?  Not trying to gossip at all. Just asking because we were assaulted by one of them and it made for a really bad camping experience.  Security was very slow to respond, and law enforcement seems unwilling to do anything about it.  Seriously thinking of not camping anymore, just not sure if it is safe anymore at all.  This is the first and craziest thing ever to happen to us.  However, have heard many other people were assaulted by same two guys, apparently high on designer cocktail drugs, and it looks like DA isnt going to press charges????

Merlin the Elder

I guess my question would be, are you pressing charges? Would that not mean the DA has to press charges? I don't know...I'm just asking.

Fenster

Were the ravers back Saturday night?  We left the grounds quite late and could hear loud techno type music from the parking lot.

Has anyone ever thought of proposing a rule to ban electronic music other than personal stereos?  That might cut down on those idiots out there.