News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

At the campgrounds.....

Started by SolRac, October 07, 2011, 11:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SolRac

At the campgrounds now it is EXTREMELY DRY. Rules are of course smoking in designated areas only. There are 2 areas the drum circle and there's one by the Rogues camp. If you are caught smoking in your campsite they will fine you 2000$ and kick you out of the campgrounds. Lets be smart people me and Heidi teared up when we saw the devastation on the way in on 1774. They have lost enough in the area.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Glaodian

Where might the Rogues Camp be compared to PR's camp?
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

SolRac

The Celtic rogues camp is right as you enter the main camping area. They have the flags around their camp. There is no more fence by the rogues. So that whole area behind them is camping as well.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Glaodian on October 07, 2011, 12:48:38 PM
Where might the Rogues Camp be compared to PR's camp?

The other end of the camp... you'd think that they'd have another down at our end of camp.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

SolRac

Already gonna report multiple people for smoking in their campsites. I'm not risking my family or my faire friends because of some morons who can't abide by the rules.

Glaodian

Not sure how the $2000 fine will to hold up.  It is on private land, so the cops cant ticket those smoking unless they tag every driver that passes through and every smoker that lives in the county that smokes in their yard.  I do hope that folks follow the rules and only smoke in areas that have marked off.  As a smoker, I can see a lot of my time will be at the other end of the camp.  I am sure smoking in vehicles on the property is not allowed as well.

Lets hope for lots and lots of rain.
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Taylor Blu

Should set up a hotline for that.  Keep up the good work man!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Lady Kett

If it does rain, I have a feeling it won't reduce attendance. IMO everyone in the area and those of us travelling there, would be out dancing in it.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

You got that right... Rennies love the rain (Danes don't).  Must be the "hippy" part in us...  :D   
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Glaodian

I am almost tempted to rent a sprayer truck or a crop duster.   ;D
--+ Glaodian +--
aka "Gman"
Si vis pacem para bellum

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on October 07, 2011, 06:01:04 PM
You got that right... Rennies love the rain (Danes don't).  Must be the "hippy" part in us...  :D   

I wanna see Fraser dancing in the rain...  ;)  :D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

eloquentXI

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on October 07, 2011, 08:04:32 PM

Please PLEASE please get video if this happens. I'd paid to see it happen...only if he DOESN'T show us what Scots really wear beneath their kil-  oops! WENCHMOUTH!  :D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: eloquentXI on October 07, 2011, 08:12:24 PM
Quote from: Rani Zemirah on October 07, 2011, 08:04:32 PM

Please PLEASE please get video if this happens. I'd paid to see it happen...only if he DOESN'T show us what Scots really wear beneath their kil-  oops! WENCHMOUTH!  :D

;D  ;D  ;D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

gaerdon

Just asking your opinions on here, going to check with the officers as well when we go down in a couple of weeks.  My wifes a smoker, i'm not, we are planning on camping a little closer to the drum circle this year so she can smoke, but this year we are bringing a popup camper (friend loaned it to us).  fairly nice one to, shower, table, stove, ac, heater etc and would prefer it if, especially as it gets later in the night and the drunks get worse, if she could smoke inside the camper.  No real chance of fire, ash tray and its completly inside, even bringing a fire extingisher encase something crazy happens, but just want opinions on here on weather they think it will be a problem.

She might just have to make do with ecigs for most of the weekend. 

Understand the worries for sure, last year when we got back from inside faire a fire had started and burned within about ten feet of our car, halloween weekend if anyone else remembers.