News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

**** Official 2012 Countdown ****

Started by Merlin, December 26, 2011, 05:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

That's okay, son. I know you've had a lot on your plate this week, and what better way to wash it down than with a good whiskey... See you in a few hours! 
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

eloquentXI

Garb all picked out. Mom and I are planning to leave the house at about 730-8, putting us into the parking lot at about 830-9.

Can't wait to see ya'll!!!!!
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Trigger

garb in the wash/being freshened from TRF, accessories packed, FoF pass burning a hole in my pocket. can't believe it has been two years since i have been to scarby! can't wait to see old friends (meggers! + more, of course) and make new ones, though i feel like i should already know everyone as long as i've been going to scarby. if i make it before cannon, i may have a bit of 'thin mint' loki in tow.. just sayin'.  ;D
look up into the stars, and you're gone.
-fight club

DonaCatalina

Just a few short hours now until cannon........
4 hours until tailgate. ;D
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

eloquentXI

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on April 07, 2012, 06:22:59 AM
About 2 hours...

Looks like I'm not the only one who woke up pretty early.

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Trigger

alright, i'm up! i'm up! *stumbles blindly towards the garb pile*
look up into the stars, and you're gone.
-fight club

eloquentXI

Ran around all day and didn't manage to see Merlin and Nimue or the young Merlin...managed to not see a lot of people.  ??? That's faire for ya, though.

Merlin the Elder

We were looking for you!  We just now got back to the hotel.  I'm actually glad we held up as long as we did.  I wasn't sure how the old body would do in the heat, but it's good.

We'll return in the morning for a short day (we'll be there for tailgate, of course). Must leave for home by about 1 pm so we can get some sleep tomorrow night.  4:00 a.m. comes early!

Merlin

WOW ! This day went by too fast... great to see everyone... hopefully the adjuster will be in and out tomorrow and I'll be able to make faire.
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Al-Nimer

Quote from: eloquentXI on April 07, 2012, 05:39:57 PM
Ran around all day and didn't manage to see Merlin and Nimue or the young Merlin...managed to not see a lot of people.  ??? That's faire for ya, though.
It was great to see you and your mom at front gate.  I actually managed to see a few people (Merlin & Mrs. Merlin, as well as a few others) just standing there waiting for our own crew to come in....maybe that's a good plan for the future?

If Merlin T.E had not hollered at me in the parking lot, I would have missed them altogether...so thanks for catching me M.T.E!

Quote from: Merlin on April 07, 2012, 07:34:53 PM
WOW ! This day went by too fast... great to see everyone... hopefully the adjuster will be in and out tomorrow and I'll be able to make faire.
I agree with that!  We even took our time and didn't try much to be places at specific times, which was kinda nice (although I like a "scheduled day" as well), but it still went by so quick!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

cowgrrl

Boy are my dogs barking!!  I'm sore & tired & I have a raging headache but it was so glad to be 'home' again. Wonderful to see old friends & those cast members who I've never met IRL but I look forward to seeing them every year. 
It was fun running around with my family all day but I am looking forward to next weekend when we can hang out with friends. 
I doubt I'll be out tomorrow. Sunrise church service plus being out today & a dash of Easter Sunday Lunch means a very tired cowgrrl who will be in need of a nap! 

Archer

That was a very nice opening day. 
Want a better world ?   Be a better person.

Every person is a new door to a different world.

Hercules

I liked what they've done to the Holly Field area. The new Legendary candle shop looks awesome! Sandlar was still plastering Saturday morning but their shop is nice too.

Was good to see recovery of the area and how they paid tribute.
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!