News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening Day Tailgate

Started by Merlin the Elder, January 27, 2012, 08:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maeven

Since we will be camping with PR, I'm sure we will run into y'all, whether it's tailgating or at the M&G after the parade (are we still doing that this year?). Can't wait to see everyone!
*Short enough to not reach the pedals, tall enough for the rides at Six Flags!*

I'm splendid. That is all.

AHE 2013 RenNado Survivor

Zardoz

Quote from: maeven on January 31, 2012, 08:46:11 AM
Since we will be camping with PR, I'm sure we will run into y'all, whether it's tailgating or at the M&G after the parade (are we still doing that this year?). Can't wait to see everyone!

Yeah, how about that Meet & Greet ? 
"Pants are for guys with ugly legs"
Member of Clan McLotofus,
IBRSC# 1619,
As seen in Renaissance Magazine

PollyPoPo

I'm going to try to make the tailgate party, if just to say hello.

As for the M&G after parade, with my Daughter and Son-in-Law, I will join in Robin's Feast, which includes some adult beverages.  Hummmm, seriously doubt I'll make the M&G.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

LadyJessica

Polly, if you're going to the feast opening day I'll be there as well!
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

PollyPoPo

Yep, February 11 at 1:00 p.m.  We get to be the guinea pigs, oops, I mean first guests to the finest feast to be found in the Shire.  After that I doubt I will remember much else from opening day. ;)
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Merlin the Elder

Had we been traveling by ourselves, I would have gotten us tickets for this, but I didn't want to commit for our companions, nor abandon them.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

A little late to the party here, but we're always up for a morning tailgate. We will try to hit the parking lot by 9. We are staying at Ye Olde Super 8 in Bastrop. Dinner dates on Saturday are do-able -- we will get in too late on Friday and will head home Sunday afternoon.

My Rennie Math says we have 4 days left!

Merlin the Elder

Your Rennie math sounds about right... Dinner Saturday night would be fun...we'll be toting 5 newbies along to faire, it appears. We're bringing 3, and 2 are coming up from San Antonio, nieces of one of our traveling companions.  I'll let someone else arrange any dinner gathering this year—I had duty last year—and trying to keep my group semi-organized is enough for me right now.

Lady Gryphon

We're in, and Merlin, we can tote two in our vehicle if you need an extra taxi. 

I don't know anywhere over there to even call, but the One place you posted sounds real good.

I'm bringing Scones with me for Saturday Morning.   Two flavors: raisin and tart cherry.  Should be plenty for everyone, and not to be missed. 
Why do I feel like I've worn something like this before?

Merlin the Elder

Thanks for the offer, but as far as know, they will meet us at the faire, likely after cannon.  I cannot for the life of me think of the name of the gentleman at Cedar's that was so helpful last year. if that's where you wish to go. Seems we had a party of 16 or so last time.

Any other takers?

DonaCatalina

I wish that I could join you. Have a few for me.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

eloquentXI

I can almost guarantee that my sorry arse will not be up in time for the morning tailgate..soooooo....I will just see everybody inside the gates.  ;D
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: eloquentXI on February 05, 2012, 01:25:18 PM
I can almost guarantee that my sorry arse will not be up in time for the morning tailgate..soooooo....I will just see everybody inside the gates.  ;D
I thought I was the one that was supposed to be old and feeble...

Magpie Flynn

My group will be out early in the parking lot, and if we don't see you then, we'll search you all out inside!

Captain Teague

Oh, I'm easy to spot. I will be the guy dressed like a Pirate.

(Yar Har Har Harrrr..... )  ;D
The Code is the Law...