News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Found a great book

Started by LadyStitch, April 06, 2012, 12:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

With everything happening with the PP and I  we shouldnt' be getting extra stuff, but when I saw this book we HAD to get it.  It is a recent publishing but we got it at a great price.
It is called "Stage and Screen: hairstyles.  A practical reference for actors, models, hairstylists, photographers, stage managers, and directors."  What is, essentially, is a guide on how to do all the different periods, and decades of hair styles.MEN and women.
They give movie references, and they are not that hard to do.  They show you how to do the techniques, the only draw back is that many of them you need a second pair of hands BUT the fact you can see how it is done can help you do what you want.  Right now the PP is drooling over how to do a French Rvelution hairdo for one of his characters.  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

DonaCatalina

I wish I had hair that I could style. But this sounds like a book I need for my collection anyway. Thanks for sharing.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Lady Rosalind

Neat!!!! I had to teach myself how to do finger waves for a play I'm in, and boy does it take a long time. I ended up faking it, sort of, but I wish I had access to that book! It sounds terrific!

gem

Glad to hear a real-world review! The ones on Amazon... yikes.  :o