News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

England 2013

Started by Cilean, April 11, 2012, 03:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cilean

While our details are not concrete, we are working on a group of Costumers to head to England and go to some of the great places and happenings we have often heard about.

A. Kentwell Hall- Tudor Recreation
B. Victoria & Albert New Textile Wing- It will be opening in 2013
C. Hampton Court & Gardens
D. Cowdry Castle- Tudor Kitchens!
E.  Haddon Hall- Ruth Goodman's Tudor cookery workshops

There will be tours of London set up so that you can a la carte which ones you really want to do!  We hope for the Eye as well as a group but there will be days left up to you to do as you like.

These are just some of things we are working on, it would be June 13 to 19, 2013, however there will be we hope a side trip to Paris, which would add 3 more days onto the journey.

Because we are so far in advance? We don't have pricing for anything, but we are looking at it and hopefully will have prices by July of 2012. So start saving your pennies! This will be so much fun!

Cilean

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Lady Kett

That sounds fun Cilean!  I'll keep my eye on updates to see if we might be able to make it.

captmarga

Will keep it on the books.  Would love to go, but will depend on daughter's martial arts tournament in Seoul, Korea.

What fun!

Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

This has been one of my dreams for many years.

But the only way i clould go would be to have commissions booked from now through May of next year, sew round the clock everyday, not spend money on anything frivilous, starve, eat, sleep, live sewing to save enough money. I have the Passport.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde