News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The original Barnabus Collins has passed away...

Started by Rowan MacD, April 20, 2012, 10:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Jonathan Frid, actor in "Dark Shadows", dies at 87.   RIP 'Barnabus Collins'.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Captain Teague

The Code is the Law...

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Merlin the Elder

Busy week for the thinning out of the pop-culture idols of my younger days...Levon Helm, richard Clark, and now Jonathan Frid. Nim saw him a few years back at the local repertory theatre when he was doing a one-man show tour.

EDIT:  Complaint department, you need to find something better to screw with than a man's name. The man's name is D!ck, where !=i.  Are we really that prudish?!?
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Baron Frederick

Funny how things like this brings back old memorys
Baron Frederick

Rowan MacD

Yeah, over on the Dark shadows website, you see over and over "I ran home every day after school to see the latest episode" . 
   There were a lot of folks that were obsessed by the show, not the least of them Johnny Depp.  It was the only soap opera that featured supernatural characters and events.
   You could almost say it was the 'Twilight' of the 1960's tweens and teenagers.  ;D

We need a break from the latest rash of Icon deaths, but I'm afraid Robin Gibb is not too far off.   That would leave only Barry as the last of the Bee-Gees.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

The Lady Mercedes

This has indeed been a sad week  :( May they all rip!
Why be mundane when you can be a Rennie?!