News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Wake-up Bristol!

Started by Lady Mac, May 15, 2012, 11:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Mac

Oh my goodness, less than 2 months to go. Huzzah!
Lady Mac's Horns, Canes @ Staffs
Every Lord needs a good stick...
Every Lady too.

Lady De Rue Rue

Genta

looking forward to it, and ill be making the trip this year!
Capt. Bacardi--- "a long wet one up here, it will not quit"
Gauwyn of Bracknell-- "M'Lady likes the bangers"

Alexandra Johanna

Huzzah! I should be there hopefully one day each weekend this season. So exciting!

shaywhat

As a native of the Scarborough Renaissance Festival down here in Texas, I'm looking forward to my 2nd trip to Bristol on the weekend of the Aug. 10th.

Any shows, or shenanigans, I should keep my eyes opened for?
-ShayWhat

Jane Dudley, Lady Dudley

"Into the dark some light will grow."

Alexandra Johanna

Quote from: shaywhat on June 06, 2012, 08:37:25 PM
As a native of the Scarborough Renaissance Festival down here in Texas, I'm looking forward to my 2nd trip to Bristol on the weekend of the Aug. 10th.

Any shows, or shenanigans, I should keep my eyes opened for?

Where do I start!?

When I think of Bristol, I think of Moonie the Magnificent. Could be because he's on the main globe stage and you can't pass through the heart of the faire without hearing his fa-la, la, la, la, la, could be because he's our local boy and one of the first shows we saw on our maiden visit years ago.

A treasure to seek out would be Tea with Lady Ettie. Her little grove is shaded and she's just wonderful any which way you see her.

Dirk and Guido the Swordsman do several fun shows. If you're bringing a gentleman friend, I highly suggest volunteering him for their Bold and Stupid Men lessons. I got the hubby up there last season and it was well worth the looks of death he shot me when I volunteered him.

Adam Crack is always exciting to see with his fire whips. When a man holds 7 guinness world records, you know he's good at what he does.

2 Merry Men are hilarious, and certainly R rated.  Who doesn't like a good moose fornication song?

We like to support the Royal Falconer, because the show is educational as well as entertaining, and the folks take superb care of their feathered friends.

And luckily, you'll be just in time for the Tortuga Twins! I have not seen them yet, but I'm looking forward to it this season. They will only be appearing that one weekend.

There are so many more acts, musicians, and interesting characters wandering about, you just never know what wonderful discovery you'll make next.

Lady Renee Buchanan

If The Spirit of the Stallion is performing when you visit, it is a lovely show.  It's only 10 or 15 minutes, but the horses are beautiful.

If you like music, here are some of our favorites:  Craig of Farrington, Jock Stewart, Tinker Maclea, Dylan Robertson, Rambling Sailors, Billy Miller  & Misti Bernard, Dan the Bard (especially if you've ever played D&D), and The New Minstrel Revue (not to be missed!).  There are some special musical guests depending on the weekend, Tartanic, Bounding Main, Three Pints Gone.

Also, Clan Tinker was new last year, and their show is very good.  And lots of people enjoy the Ded Bob Sho.  There's Christophe the Insulter, but his shows are XXX rated, so beware before you go in.

The shopping is excellent.  And the Friends of Faire has daily memberships for $10 a day.  Private privies (port a potties, but they keep them spotless), a changing area if you want to change inside, or if you bought something you want to wear immediately.  All the water and gatorade you want to drink.  Plus a nice shady spot with benches and tables to sit when you want to rest.  Another nice aspect is that some of the musicians wander in and put on an impromptu show, up close and personal.

Which weekend are you visiting?  We're going 6 out of the 9 weekends, sometimes only on Sunday, but for 3 weekends, I'll be there all the days.  It would be fun to meet up!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Ms Trish

I know I'm getting excited to visit your faire this year! Very long lists of what not to miss! And it sounds like we're trying to wrangle in a pub crawl too!
If you're not having fun, you're not doing it right!

Lady Renee Buchanan

We will be there on the Sunday of the weekend of the MN invasion, so hope to see/meet many of you.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Jon Hanslow

We will be there MN Invasion weekend. SO Excited.
Jon Hanslow of The Cabin Boys!
www.facebook.com/thecabinboysrf - LIKE us on Facebook!

AJ in "The other village"

Lord Clisto of York

I should be there opening weekend for sure. Not sure if both days or not, but opening day I should be. Weather permitting and if nothing else pops up.

Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished