News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Well, Well, Well... Don't Let the Door Hit You!

Started by The Professor, May 22, 2012, 01:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Professor

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118054452.html?cmpid=RSS|News|LatestNews

A&E ends 'Dog the Bounty Hunter'
Series about colorful Chapman clan helped A&E transition brand
By CYNTHIA LITTLETON

After eight seasons and more than 240 episodes, "Dog the Bounty Hunter's" watch is coming to an end on A&E.
A rep for the cabler confirmed it has opted not to order additional segs of the series, which revolves around the bounty hunting businesses run by Duane "Dog" Chapman and his extended family in Hawaii and Colorado. The show's last few original segs will preem next month, A&E said.

"Dog" blossomed into a series for A&E in 2004, after Chapman was featured in a 2003 segment of the A&E series, "Take This Job," about people with unusual occupations.

"Dog" was among the first home-grown hits that A&E fielded as the cabler transitioned away from his traditional focus on artsy programming and the "Biography" series that was once a channel staple. Its success helped point A&E in the direction of unscripted skeins focusing on larger-than-life characters and law enforcement fare.

The show's colorful regulars include some of Chapman's adult children, Leland, Duane Lee and Lyssa, and his wife, Beth, known for running down fugitives in stiletto heels. One of the show's signatures has been the tough-love and spiritual pep talks delivered by various family members before they hand prisoners over to authorities.

Contact Cynthia Littleton at cynthia.littleton@variety.com
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Norfolk

One hopes that this means he and his entourage will be unable to afford entry to Larkspurshire this season.
Just call me "Your Grace"

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Could we but hope. I do not remember seeing the frothing at the mouth Short, Not so buff, Bald mullet dawg last year. But I DO have proof he was there 2 and 3 years ago with photos he did not know I took of him and the bald spt :)
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Aw man, I'm so bummed about this.....

Ow! Just hit my nose on my keyboard....
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Bahlien

Lets just hope his Dog days are over eh?  

What... someone had to say it.
"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."

Francisco Paula

I still can't believe this Hack had a show for so long

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Well some low life's somewhere where watching him enough to make it worth A&E to continue even when he got into trouble. I could easily point out the market that did watch this kind of stuff, but I won't go there. but then again, many of those never had the pleasure of meeting the frothing at the mouth Dawg.

I'd say 8 years was not soon enough. And I'd be willing to bet he is already hunting for a new channel to air his crude on. If it happens to be History or Discovery, it will help put a nail in their coffins. We get enough Dirtiest deadliest ice road swamp pawn chopper's as it is. Why add a Dawg to it
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Merlin the Elder

We quit watching television around 1997 or so.  A&E used to be one of the very few quality networks to watch. They fell to this level?!?  That is indeed sad! 
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

NelleMoorley

Good riddance to him. I still can't believe what he said to the queen.  >:(

Nelle Moorley

Norfolk

Quote from: NelleMoorley on May 24, 2012, 05:16:20 PM
Good riddance to him. I still can't believe what he said to the queen.  >:(

Well said, Nelle!

Duchess Marguerite

Don't be surprised, dear friends, if you see him in Larkspurshire a few times this summer, now that he'll have a lot of free time on his hands! 

Amyj

Quote from: Lady de Laney on May 23, 2012, 11:08:44 AM
Dirtiest deadliest ice road swamp pawn chopper's

Hmmmm, that might actually be an interesting show!  LOL!  ;D  :D  ;D  :D
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

The Professor

If he shows up, we could give him a NEW show!

Survivor:  Larkspurshire

Best!
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Norfolk

Quote from: The Professor on May 27, 2012, 05:57:16 PM
If he shows up, we could give him a NEW show!

Survivor:  Larkspurshire

Best!

LOL!!

Such a show, however, would surely set a world record for brevity.