News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

An exhuberant "thank you" to all

Started by Lady Kett, May 29, 2012, 10:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kett

So....as mentioned in this thread (end of page 7 if the link doesn't work the way I hope it does), my darling Sidekick and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a vow renewal at Scarborough on closing Saturday.

What started off as a perfectly normal, "yes, dear" sort of event went a bit topsy-turvey mid-April due to some health issues, but ended up spectacularly in our opinion. We had 81 confirmed attendees and only 4 that I know of who didn't make it (all mundanes who simply do not know what they missed). Our mundanes who DID make it had the following comments to share with us:

• This was the most fun we ever had at a wedding!
  • You do this EVERY weekend?
  • Really, EVERY weekend?!
  • Beer at 7:45 am?
  • OMG, liquor at 7:45 am?
  • And you have mixers!
  • You have not 1, but 2 bottle openers and a cork screw?
  • The llamas are dressed up, too?!?! (from a certain subgroup of mundanes from which the llamas spawned)
  • OMG flags! How cute! (btw, I would seriously pay for a photo of the flag flying in the parking lot - it was the first order of business for The Minions and they missed it!)
  • Aren't you hot?
  • Wine at 11:00 am?
  • Wait, you mean all these people dressed up here at the reception, don't work here?
  • None of those men had pants on!

From Queen Anne: You really had Flynn officiate? I have NEVER seen him on the wedding list and I wish we had made it to the ceremony!

Bonus points to Lynne, aka Mrs Merlin (Jr), who I think was the only one who really read the program we had! :D She got to hear all the stories!

So I cannot reiterate enough that I wish we had the funds to invite every single one of you from R/F but alas, we have not yet won "the single ticket winning jackpot" in the lottery yet!

In trade for admission to the Faire for the day, I was able to co-opt our daughter's friends as our Minions (they even had pins that said "minion"!) to tote stuff, hand things out, take photos and basically make merry. One even collected tips for Tartanic and she was sooooo excited about doing so. They thought I was kidding when I told them I was going to wake them up at 5:30 in the morning - and even then, we did miss the cannon due to Sidekick doing a small, and accidental, Marilyn Monroe dance in Row 12. (I will also pay for photos of THAT!)

Here are some links to the albums I have so far. I have yet to hear from several mundanes that I know had cameras, and I have a video link via email I am trying to figure out what to do with! And those on the Book of Faces can find me here with the albums in the top of the timeline (same albums, no need to slog through Book of Faces vs non):

Facebook

Minion photo album (non-Facebook)

Friend Stephen's Album (non-Facebook)

Friend Theresa capturing a waltz to Spanish Ladies at the Pub Sing (non-Facebook)

Here are my favorite photos so far:

The Family Tailgate

My bloomers! I made them myself!!! I know you can't see them but they have little hearts ALL over them!

There's cleavage in here somewhere...

Mommy, I dress up pretty and I have cleavage, do you need some?

What happens when you have a Sommelier Officiate...

And our cake, the only serious part of the entire event!

And lastly, as today was the actualy DATE of the 25th anniversary, we went to our favorite restuarant...where we are a wee bit well known!

In closing, XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOO to all of you. <3 Scarborough Faire!

William the Braveheart

Lady K.........Too bad we didn't meet on the board sooner. I had a photography business in N.O. for 21 years (84-2005) and have photographed hundreds of weddings in my day. If I would known, I could have brought my professional equipment down and photographed it all............ 
"Consuming my enemies with fireballs from my eyes and bolts of lightning from my arse"

Merlin the Elder

Luv, it was an honour and privilege to swap places with you and Sidekick for this event. After this weekend—and this whole season—you should realize that we hold you both in the highest affection and esteem.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kett

Quote from: William the Braveheart on May 29, 2012, 11:39:29 PM
Lady K.........Too bad we didn't meet on the board sooner. I had a photography business in N.O. for 21 years (84-2005) and have photographed hundreds of weddings in my day. If I would known, I could have brought my professional equipment down and photographed it all............ 

Not a problem, William. I have some photos of you with Tartanic that I need to get off my phone and post! It was great to meet you this weekend!

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 30, 2012, 06:24:54 AM
Luv, it was an honour and privilege to swap places with you and Sidekick for this event. After this weekend—and this whole season—you should realize that we hold you both in the highest affection and esteem.

Extra XXOOXXOOXXOO to you and Nim, Merlin! <3

DonaCatalina

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful day with us.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

bookwench

What wonderful photos!  I wish I could have snuck away from the shop to peek over the wall at you.  Happy anniversary, and here's to 25 years more :)
"I base most of my fashion taste on what doesn't itch." -G. Radner

Lady Kett

VIDEO! Come watch Merlin (Sr) shake his booty LOL. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hgX3tqaTlE&feature=youtu.be

[ETA: Link would help. Off for more coffee!]

Bonny Pearl

LMAO!!  ;D  That was one heck of a shimmy Merlin!!  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Bonny Pearl

LK,

We are so glad that you invited us to share the big day and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!  Hugs to you both!  :-*
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Merlin the Elder

That was....so verrrry wrong on so many levels!  The Doña is quite good, and was kind for trying to help, but I'm definitely a candidate for "Dancing with the Schmucks."

Merlin

Luv you 2  !  ! You are good people!
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Merlin the Elder

Lots of great people at Scarby!  You all helped to make this year especially good for Nimue and me too.  Son, I have forgiven you for missing your mother and my vow renewal, but we'll carry the psychological scar for some time...or you can buy me a good ale next tailgate...

"Vengeance is a dish best served cold..." An old Klingon proverb. Whoever filmed me "shaking my booty" had better keep their eyes open, and senses sharp...  :P

JimsDana

Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

Merlin the Elder

Quote from: JimsDana on June 15, 2012, 10:09:30 PM
That was beautiful!

You can't possibly be referring to my booty... Kett, they're talking about you here, Hon...

JimsDana

I speak of the video, and 25 years! (shake, shake, shake!)
Take my hand and walk with me through life, or send me in the general direction, then point and laugh!

Merlin the Elder

I will never be able to live that down..... ::) 8)

JimsDana

Well at least you know how to live!

Lady Kett

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on June 15, 2012, 10:38:47 PM
I will never be able to live that down..... ::) 8)

If you got it, flaunt it Merlin! :)

And thanks, JimsDana

Merlin the Elder

Well, I had it....but strong antibiotics got rid of it....  ;D

The Rabbi

it is never wise to make a wizard the BUTT of the humor. Have a strong urge to say something about shaking but not breaking butt shall resist the temptation.
My sanity is not lost I sent it away
Proud member of FOKTOP

Merlin the Elder

Feel free, Rabbi! I'm a good-natured and somewhat mischievous wizard. I like people to be able to laugh.