News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PRF Opens!

Started by Scotsman, June 26, 2008, 05:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Let the countdown begin!

* This thread was initiated in the calendar section
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady Guinness

I can not wait to see this lovely faire again this year....I do believe we still need to set a date for this one Scotsman!
I need to thank all of the Pittsburgh shire folk for making us feel so welcome last year. It is certainly the people that make a faire so very special.

Professor M

Awww, that's sweet!  It's patrons like you that inspire the street cast to give it our all.  I'll be watching for you.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Scotsman

A date eh? Give me a bit to bump my calendar ... I know it won't be Labor Day for sure.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Charity Morgan

As the theme weekends have finally been announced...and pirates are not formally invading...me ship and I invite pirates to join us every weekend!  If'n you wants to play, the pub has a (semi) pirate theme, the little stage near the pub is piratey and me ship is landed there directly across the way.    Would love to see you and your crew...

any interested parties?  maybe we can have a bit of a gathering of our own?
Charity Morgan ~ Morgans Bounty
Purveyor of questionably acquired treasures.

Charity Morgan

Only Five Weekends until ~ Buy-One-Get-One-FREE Music and Dance (!) weekend.  Don't forget to get you coupon at Wendy's when they come out!  Then Labor Day weekend is kids weekend so all the minions under 12 are FREE with a paying adult.

PIRATES like music and some can dance!

Charity Morgan

Here are the themed weekends for your convenience!
Opening Weekend: Music & Dance                                                                       August 23 & 24 Come join us in a celebration of music and dance as we put out the royal welcome mat for King Henry and Queen Anne's arrival at the castle. Observe traditional peasant and court dances from the Renaissance. Meet our new cast of villagers, enjoy our first-class entertainers and revisit old favorites. Take advantage of the "Buy One, Get One Free" offer this weekend only available at Wendy's Restaurants!

Children's Weekend                                                        August 30, 31 & September 1 (Labor Day)
Throughout this weekend dedicated to young lads and lasses, children 12 and under experience the Festival for free with a paying adult. Special activities including the Prince, Princess and Pirate Costume Contest, the Royal Quest, knighting ceremonies and photos with the King and Queen. Enjoy medieval rides and games of skill as well as the free Petting Zoo in the Children's Realm. 

Chivalry, Love & Romance                                                                                    September 6 & 7
Romance is in the air as dashing rogues, knights in shining armour and fair maidens help create a special atmosphere for a weekend dedicated to lovers. Mingle with famous renaissance couples such as Romeo and Juliet. Match wits with "The Bard" William Shakespeare, learn the art of romancing and then put your skills to the test in our Wooing Contest. Married couples can also renew their vows of faith, commitment and love at our chapel throughout the weekend.

Italian Renaissance                                                                                           September 13 & 14 Discover where it all began with the original "Renaissance Man" Leonardo da Vinci and fellow Italian Michelangelo. Sample Italian foods, participate in the legendary Grape-Stomping Competition for prizes, learn how to make homemade wine and play a game of bocce.

Celtic Fling                                                                                                        September 20 & 21
Listen to the traditional sounds of Celtic musicians, Scottish pipe bands and madrigal singers throughout the Realm. Sing along with our Irish Troubadour as he performs popular ballads. Irish dancers and belly dancers will also be featured this weekend. Get ready to don ye kilts for the Men in Kilts Contest and watch challenging Scottish athletic events.

Mardi Gras                                                                                                         September 27 & 28

A final huzzah...the Festival concludes with a raucous celebration and beads galore! Don your favorite mask and costume and participate in our Nobility Fashion Show. Let "Ye Olde Good Times Roll" Mardi Gras style.